Topic Identifier

Thread: RTI on DV-Protection Officer

1. RTI on DV-Protection Officer

Who would be the PIO to obtain the final report on a Domestic Violence (DV) Case which has been closed. The DV Protection Officer is decling stating the report is confidential. The said case is out of Chennai..

Appreciate your inputs. Currently my option is to appraoch the magistrate court once the same report is filed, which could be long process.

Cheers,
    Manoj

2. Re: RTI on DV-Protection Officer

For Tamilnadu, it is the department of Social Welfare that regulates this area. You can apply to the PIO in the office of the Director of Social Welfare to seek info under RTI.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

3. Re: RTI on DV-Protection Officer

Thanks Ganpat, For the sake of other members; Heres the PIO contact details.
    Thiru G Kuppuswamy,
    Deputy Secretary to the Government (CW),
    Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme Department
    Secretariat, Chennai-600 009

Cheers, Manoj

Re: RTI on DV-Protection Officer

IF we ask the protection officer to provide information on Domestic incident report submitted by him along with documentary evidence he collected. WIll it be harassment and interfering in court case matters. Can't we ask this information using RTI.

Please let me know that whether the domestic incident report is a public document or not like FIR,chargesheet etc., The police department have supplied the info on FIR and chargesheet with certified copies But the protection officer is denying that it comes under exemption of sec 8 and 9 of RTI act as third party involved.

When i am seeking the info on the domestic incident report where myself is a party, then how could it become a third party information.

plz clarify my doubt. And suggest me that can we make a complaint against the PIO for not supplying the information.

5. Re: RTI on DV-Protection Officer

U can file RTI appln with SPIO of office of Protection Officer under DV Act. U have to follow TN RTI Rules which are posted at TAMILNADU RIGHT TO INFORMATION RULES - RTI Guide. Please mention in the appln that U are party to the matter. Once the investigation is over, U are entitled to report. In case if SPIO refuses quoting section 8, U may file first appeal by refering https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...decisions.html

This link would also be useful to you: HOW TO LOCATE A PIO UNDER RTI ACT 2005 - RTI Guide

AP RTI RULES are posted at Right to Information Act (India) and also at RTI Guide
    Last edited by jps50; 02-03-09 at 10:52 PM.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android