Topic Identifier

Thread: About Passport Renewal and New Passport for my kid

About Passport Renewal and New Passport for my kid

Hi,
    My passport is getting expired on Dec 2008, Can I renew it now itself or I have to renew after the expiry date?

Another query is: Our passport is having chennai address. Now I stay at Bangalore at rental house. Can I take the passport for my kid in bangalore passport office using my Chennai Address? or Should I have to apply at Chennai Passport office?

2. Re: About Passport Renewal and New Passport for my kid

You can renew now! You can apply using the Bangalore address however you should have the required 'proof of address' of staying for over 2 years. Since your child is an infant you have the option of filing under your passport, incase you child would be travelling frequently with you it's better that you awail a seperate passport which would have validaity of 5 years.
    Cheers,

3. Re: About Passport Renewal and New Passport for my kid

to apply for your infant child under your passport application, mo more holds true.

you need to apply seperately for your infant child.

Re: About Passport Renewal and New Passport for my kid

Hi All, I want to apply for my new born son's passport who is 2 months old now, have few questions and doubts:

1. My passport has hyderabad address where we are staying and is the present and permanent address.
    2. My wife's passport has punjab address which is old and not correct.
    3. Neither of us have added spouse/ wife name in either of our passports.

Can I still go ahead and apply for my son's passport keeping above 3 points in mind or else have to apply for changes/ misc. services or observation in either of our passports and then apply for our child. Please reply, need to know it asap.

Thanks in Advance
    Vir

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android