Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RTI to get information regarding voters registration in Election Commision Office, New Delhi

This is regarding Election commission office in New Delhi.

The commission opened Voter Registration and EPIC centers (VRECs) in each constituency for registration and preparation of Voter IDs. Visitors to VRECs were alloted number and date on which they should visit the center for photograph. Since there was heavy rush at these center as almost every voter wanted to get photographed, corruption started building up at these center. The staff at these center charged Rs. 300 - 500 for providing out of turn service. Such voters were photographed same day while persons standing in queue were given date after 3 months.

After lots of complain to CEO, the above VRECs were stopped. A notice was published by CEO Delhi that Voter registration and EPIC centers are being discontinued with effect from 01 May 2008 till further notice.However these VRECs are still providing voter IDs through back door at a charge of Rs. 500 to 1000.

Election office again published a notice that Booth Level Officers (BLO) will be visiting our areas from 15th May to 30 June to help us in taking photographs for voter IDs. But till date we havent seen any of them.

I have written emails of election office but none of my email has been answered.

Now I would like to use RTI to get the information from CEO Delhi on this matter and request community members to help me framing questions for this purpose.

› Find content similar to: RTI to get information regarding voters registration in Election Commision Office, New Delhi

Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 06-06-08 at 07:15 AM.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Re: RTI to get information regarding voters registration in Election Commision Office, New Delhi

Dinesh,

I think this is a very serious matter and I also went through the same issues here in Hyderabad.

It is better to directly complain to the EC and follow it up with a RTI application on the outcome of your complaint after a month or so.