Thread: Status message blank even after 7 months of verification for passport

Status message blank even after 7 months of verification for passport

Hello All,

My mother has been a passport holder for the past 20 years. Her passport expired last June i.e. 2007. We applied immediately for renewing the same.

Police verification was also done within a month. But till this date there hasnt been any response even on the website. Moreover the status area is totally blank. On contacting the local RTI office they told me that for some reason (which he wouldnt tell and I fail to imagine) the passport is with the local crime branch( we are talking here of a lady who is 55 years old and has been a passport holder for the past 20 years and yes without any police record what so ever against her) .

Please someone guide me on what should I do next as even after repeated attempts I fail to make any headway.

Thanks and Regards

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Status message blank even after 7 months of verification for passport

Vaibhav,

Your issue is similar to many others who have posted on this forum and used RTI Applications to get their passports.

1. Please see the threads tagged with "passport" or "????passport" or "passport?????".
    Links are available at the bottom of this page.
    You can also search for passport related threads by using the search function at the top of this page.
    Various threads contain helpful suggestions, draft applications etc...and you can modify these to suit your situation/problem. If any doubts, please post your draft application here and members will suggest any modifications.

2. For details about drafting, fees, submitting a RTI Application, please visit the guide segment of the forum - the link is available on the top right hand side of every page.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android