Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTI Application Format for Vice President's Secretariat

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

RTI Application Format for Vice President's Secretariat

On the website of the Vice President's Secretariat, the following is the description of the procedure for obtaining information, fees and the application format:

Vice President of India : Right to Information Act

<table align="center" border="0" width="545"><tbody><tr><td height="53" valign="top"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="1406" valign="top">

Procedure for obtaining information
    1 (a) Applications seeking information can be submitted in prescribed application form in English or Hindi to the following designated Public Information Officer of the Vice-President's Secretariat:

<table border="2" width="84%"> <tbody><tr> <td width="10%">
    Sr.No
    </td> <td width="28%">
    Name of the CPIO
    </td> <td width="23%">
    Address
    </td> <td width="39%">
    Contact No.
    </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="10%">
    </td> <td width="28%">
    Shri Ashok Dewan
    </td> <td width="23%">
    No.6, Maulana Azad Road,
    New Delhi
    </td> <td width="39%">
    23793478/23018471
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> (b) The application for obtaining information shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheques payable to the Drawing and Disbursing Officer, Vice-President's Secretariat.
    2. The fee :
    For providing the information under Sub-section (1) of Section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Drawing and Disbursing Officer, Vice-President's Secretariat at the following rates :-
    (a) rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
    (b) actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
    (c) actual cost or price of samples or models; and
    (d) for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour, and a fee of rupees five for each subsequent hour (or fraction thereof).

For providing the information under Sub-section (5) of Section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Drawing and Disbursing Officer of the Vice-President's Secretariat at the following rates :-
    (a) for information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
    (b) for information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.

VICE-PRESIDENT'S SECRETARIAT
    NEW DELHI

PART I
    <table border="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td width="92%">Name of the applicant:</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td width="92%">Date of Birth:</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td width="92%">Gender: Male/Female:</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td width="92%">Father's full name:</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td width="92%">Mother's full name:</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="71" valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td height="71" valign="top" width="92%">Present address with PIN Code:

Telephone/mobile No.:
    Residential :
    Office:
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td height="51" valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td height="51" valign="top" width="92%">Permanent address with PIN Code:

Telephone/mobile No.:
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td width="92%">E.mail I.D., if any:</td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="8%">
    </td> <td valign="top" width="92%">Proof of Residence (Ration Card/Election
    Voter's card/Passport/Driving Licence):
    (Please attach photocopy)
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    PART II
    (i) Specify the particulars of the information sought for in a separate sheet.
    (ii) Whether the information sought for is required to be supplied:
    (a) In printed form
    (b) In diskette or floppy

(iii) Whether inspection of records also sought.
    (iv) Whether application fee of Rs.10 (Rupees Ten only) paid and, if so, please specify mode of payment.
    (a) Please give details of the demand draft/Bankers' cheque enclosed.
    (b) In case of cash payment, please enclose original receipt.

(No fee is required to be paid if the requester belongs to 'below poverty line' category for which proof should be furnished).

Declaration of the Applicant:

(i) I am a bonafide citizen of India and owe allegiance to the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India and have not voluntarily acquired the citizenship of another country.
    (ii) The information given by me in this form is true and I am solely responsible for its accuracy.

(Signature of the Applicant)
    Name of the Applicant
    Place :

</td></tr></tbody></table>=============================

Can one directly complain to the CIC under Sec 18(1)(f) about this ?

2. Re: RTI Application Format for Vice President's Secretariat

The information/papers sought from applicant is beyond RTI Act. Declarations are superfluous and IPO mode of payment of fee not included. Details of appellate authority are missing. I think a well drafted letter be first sent to the hon'ble Vice President, pointing out deficiencies, followed by a complaint to CIC, if things are not amended.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

3. Re: RTI Application Format for Vice President's Secretariat

Also they are asking for proof of residence which is nowhere mentioned in RTI act.

4. Re: RTI Application Format for Vice President's Secretariat

Does the Web site also mention that information will be given only if it has been send on the above mentioned format. Or it is just a format of RTI application.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI Application Format for Vice President's Secretariat

Quote Originally Posted by jps50 View Post
    The information/papers sought from applicant is beyond RTI Act. Declarations are superfluous and IPO mode of payment of fee not included. Details of appellate authority are missing. I think a well drafted letter be first sent to the hon'ble Vice President, pointing out deficiencies, followed by a complaint to CIC, if things are not amended.
    Should I write a letter directly to Hon'ble Vice President or to The Secretary (who is the Administrative Head of the Secretariat) ?

Quote Originally Posted by nile0611 View Post
    Does the Web site also mention that information will be given only if it has been send on the above mentioned format. Or it is just a format of RTI application.
    On the main webpage, there is a RTI link: Vice President of India : Right to Information Act

Under that link in Chapter 5 are the details of CPIO and AA.
    In Chapter 6 is the format given above.
    There is no mention if it is obligatory or not.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Finally, I have filed a Complaint under Sec 18(1)(f) with the CIC.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

The CIC has now passed an order on this Complaint.
    The order is attached to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Twitter: @cjkarira

8. Re: RTI Application Format for Vice President's Secretariat

Dear Karira Sir

Congrats

Why didnt u shift it in "Success Stories" ?

Does it mean that they will open an account for collection of RTI fee (ACCOUNTS OFFICER) ?

regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast