Chandigarh, February 20: A former teacher of Sanawar School, DR Rajinder Singla, today alleged that he was sacked after he demanded some information from the school under the Right To Information Act (RTI). Addressing a press conference at Press Club, Sector 27, Singla alleged that the school has a number of irregularities and the school authorities were not ready to confront it. Singla said, “When the school authorities were not ready to answer my queries I went through the RTI and submitted a 13 page application to the regional officer of CBSE at Panchkula.
A few weeks later I received a letter from the headmaster of the school stating that my services had been terminated with immediate effect.”

He further said, “ While I was denied the information the first time I had asked for it under the RTI act, the regional officer at the CBSE office in Panchkula, Kushal Singh later directed the headmaster of the school to provide me with the required information.”

Singla also alleged that the school authorities direct the teachers to act and function as per their wishes, failing which they are harassed.
He added, “ those who have been harassing the teachers include R P Aggarwal, Chairman of board of governors and education secretary to the Government of India, Jai Singh Gill, former chief secretary, Government of Punjab, Omar Abdullah, MP from Jammu and Kashmir and Lt General A N Aul, chief of staff, HQ Western Command, Chandimandir.

Many teachers have been sacked by the school without serving any notice or explaining the reason of doing the same.”

Meanwhile, refuting the allegation, Praveen Vasisht, Headmaster Sanawar School, said, “Singla had a poor record.

He has been sacked as per the decision taken by the board of directors and not because he requested for information. He is making false allegations about the school because he himself is at fault.”
Singla also said that he would be filing a case against the school authorities in the District Courts soon.
Former Sanawar teacher alleges harassment at the hands of school authorities

› Find content similar to: Former Sanawar teacher alleges harassment at the hands of school authorities