Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problem with my minor daughter's passport

  1. #1

    Problem with my minor daughter's passport


    I have applied for my minor daughter's passport in March 08. But till date we did not receive the passport. We have visited PRO in Delhi RPO number of times. Every time they said it would be delivered within couple of days. The status in thw website is "Passport is promised to deliver over the counter on 5th June. If not collected it would be dispatched on the next working day". Till 3rd of june the website showed same message the only differnce was that the date was 22nd May in place of 5th June.

    Now due to my official assignment I have to leave Delhi and my family also could not stay there after 25th June 08 as our rent deed is expiring and the landlord mentioned earlier that he would not be able to renew it.

    In this situation please suggest what we could do?

    In case we are not getting the passport by 24th June 08, can we ask to the RPO Delhi to cancel the application? If so could we again apply for her passport afresh from any other RPO?

    We are in deep trouble, please help us out.

    Thanks & Regards,

  2. #2

    Re: Problem with my minor daughter's passport

    You may file an application under the Right to Information Act to know the status of your Passport and why there is a delay.

    This forum has a lot of discussion on this.

    Refer to the pages under the Tag
    RTI India - Threads Tagged with passport delay


    File RTI Application using the following post.

  3. Re: Problem with my minor daughter's passport

    dear soumen,

    since your deadline is 25/06/2008, i think file RTI may not be a solution as the CPIO can delay the matter upto 29 days and furhter the apeallate authority can further delay upto 30 + 15 days, i.e. 45 days.

    since both the CPIO and the AA are from the same department, generally the AAs don't give any against judgements.

    even after that you may have to file a second appeal which may take another 3-4 months for the hearing of your case.

    instead i will suggest you to come in contact of the CPO's Office (Chief Passport Officer) and report your case personally. the address of the CPO is as follows -

    <TABLE height=72 borderColorDark=#ff6633 width=524 borderColorLight=#ffcc00 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=514 height=6> Shri R. Swaminathan,<!--mstheme-->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=514 height=18><!--mstheme-->Joint Secretary (CPV) & Chief Passport Officer,<!--mstheme-->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=514 height=18><!--mstheme-->Ministry of External Affairs,<!--mstheme-->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=514 height=18><!--mstheme-->Room No. 20, 1st Floor, Patiala House Annexe, New Delhi-110001<!--mstheme-->
    </TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=514 height=1><!--mstheme-->Tel: 91-11-23384519,23384497,Fax:23782821,Email:

    even it does not work try to report you case to central vigilance commission. the addresss is as follows -

    <TABLE borderColorDark=#ff6633 width=316 borderColorLight=#ffcc00 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width=306> Secretary,
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width=306><!--mstheme-->Central Vigilance Commission,
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width=306><!--mstheme-->Satarkata Bhavan,
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width=306><!--mstheme-->G.P.O. Complex, Block-A
    </TD></TR><TR><TD width=306><!--mstheme-->I.N.A., New Delhi-110023

    the case can very well be reported to CVC as your case may a demand for bribe against the release of your daughter's passport.

  4. #4

    Re: Problem with my minor daughter's passport

    instead i will suggest you to come in contact of the CPO's Office (Chief Passport Officer) and report your case personally. the address of the CPO is as follows -
    And come back to this forum with your experience.



    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android