Thread: How do we tackle such AA ?

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries

How do we tackle such AA ?

I had come across a particular AA, an Additional Tahsildar performing the duties of SPIO of Taluuk Office. As and when he act as Tahsildar he is the AA of his office as well as all Village Offices under him.I found him to be an embodiment of all qualitties which an RTI Activist would not like to confront. Now he has develppped a habit of dispossing the request for information and first appeal with folowing reply:
    1. There isnothing more to add to what his office had earlier intimated in anymatter connected with the informtion now sought

2. In case of first appeal against Village Officer his disposal will be that "There is nothing more to add to the ... Village Officer's reply furnished to the particular application.

Can anyone suggest me a good method to tackle him. So far I had filed nerly 50 application/first appeal to the Taluk Office, a seat of maladministration. I could not get a single positive answer to any

2. Re: How do we tackle such AA ?

try to file a RTI application demanding tabulated data on the decisions of AA. The points to be covered -

a) No. of total appeals received by your office.
    b) No. of appeals rejected.
    c) No. of appeals where the decision of PIO was uphelded.
    d) No. of appeals where the PIO was ordered to furnish the required information.
    e) No. of appeals where disciplinary action was ordered against the PIO.
    and many more

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: How do we tackle such AA ?

Also ask for:

f) How many applicants went for Second Appeal
    g) Certified copy of the RTI annual reports for the last 2 years sent to the competent authority

I think seeking information from the same PIO/FAA will not yield anything. Same old stroy shall be repeated.

So involving other PIOs/FAA and seeking info from other PAs may help.

Though I have no idea what to seek?

Sidharth

5. Re: How do we tackle such AA ?

Why not complain to SIC with details?
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Having read Post 1 above ,I did a random check on APIOs,PIOs and AAs in revenue departments of a district in Delhi,Haryana,and Himachal.AAs are invariably DCs ,PIOs - SDMs,SDos(civil),city magistrate and officers of equal ranks ,APIOs were invariably Tehsildar/Naib Tehsildar/Supdt Grade11 or equivalent grade level. I am unable to get how can a tehsildar be designated a AA,who invariably is a first class senior gazetted officer.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android