In my state, I found every one from the PIO to the SIC are almost at same frequency in style of handling an RTI application. When the PIOs confront an RTI application, their first reaction is "What happen if the information sought is given ?" In majority of cases I had come across, the information if given is likely to lead to exposure of maladministration. Naturally if the information is given something is bound to come out which is likely to harm the PIO or his collegues or his Clause. So they evade furnishing the straight reply. They dig the background and the progress made so far and furnish a reply which obviously does not serve the purpose.

I have not come across a single incident where even in a prima facie evident case of corruption the AA disagreeing with the PIO The pattern is same in cases where the Village officer is the PIO and Tahsildar the AA as well as the Additional Secretary, the PIO and the Additional Chief Secretary AA.

This call for a Nodal Agency to guide the SIC. I am not aware of existance of any such Nodal Agency at state level. Can some one throw light on Nodal Agencies at state level as DoPT in the case of CIC

› Find content similar to: Processing Style of RTI Application