Siva M
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Passport Delay

I had applied for passport for my wife on 28-12-2007 . Ref Number Z191498 at RPO Madurai

I approached passport office on 19-May-2008 regarding the status , I also complained in the Adalat programme conducted by Passport office Madurai on 20-May-2008 where I was promised despatch of passport on 25-May-2008 . He gave me his phone number , every time I call he says it will be despatched in 1 days time . The delay is becase my wife's file is misplaced somewhere

I have still not received the passport and the Online Status screen for my Number shows nothing ( Blank Status )

I am in urgent need of passport as she need to travel to US at the earliest

Please help what can I do now

› Find content similar to: Passport Delay

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Passport Delay

at once file a RTI application in their office mainly asking for the DPR (daily progress report) in your case.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Siva,

In order to follow Abhshek's suggestion, it will be helpful if:

1. You read the threads tagged with "passport" "passport delay" etc. Some of the links are also given at the bottom of this page.

2. Please also search for threads on "passport delay" and similar using the search function available at the top of every page.

Some of the threads have ready made applications, etc...which you can suitable modify to suit your requirements.

For further help, please visit the "Guide" segment, link available at top right hand side of every page.

Name:
    Siva M
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I filed an RTI and I got the passport delivered on hand the next day ,,,

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

This is power of RTI. Pl help others also to use RTI
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I should mention here that I applied for passport for self and my wife and submitted in the Kolkata office. I should mention here I got information regarding status of it in the website and received both the passports within one month. I don't know how it happened. But it happened.

Name:
    RITUPAL SINGH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had applied for passport for my self on 28-12-2007 . Ref Number H022404 at RPO Delhi

I have still not received the passport and the Online Status screen for my Number shows nothing ( Blank Status )

I am in urgent need of passport at the earliest

Please help what can I do now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

You can file an RTI application and ask for Daily Status as suggest above in the thread. You can also read how others have filled passport application by visiting these threads at the bottom of the page.
    RTI India Network Staff Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast