Rakesh Kumar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Information asked

I have asked some information from PIO. He gives incomplete information and also some are false. In response, i again asked for some information/ clarification after which he stated that he has delivered the information early and if aggreived, appeal can be made. then i filed an appeal before first appelate authority. the AA has send me the clarification/ information but he also kept mum on some points viz. for inspection of file etc. Now i want to file an appeal before the CIC. can i do?

› Find content similar to: Information asked

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Re: Information asked

Yes, within 90 days of receipt of reply from first AA, U can file second appeal with CIC if info pertains to central govt. I have posted detailed guidelines and proforma etc for filing second appeal with CIC on my blog. I hope it will be useful to you. If info is of a state, you can approach SIC for second appeal, by refering to state official website or that of SIC for proforma and guidelines for filing.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Rakesh,

If you still have a lot of time period for filing the Second Appeal, I suggest you send a reminder to the AA reminding him that he has not "addressed the following issues in his First Appeal order".....

Try to get the matter resolved at this stage itself since going to CIC is time consuming, long waiting period, costly and involves a lot of effort.

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Karira. I filed an appeal in Sept. 2007 and it is still pending with CIC.

You should clearly mention the points on which you need clarification. You should also mention them that you will approach to CIC if you are not satisfied with the answers.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android