Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RTI for Land Registry Information

RTI for Land Registry Information

Hallo....i am new to this forum.

I have a query.I have some ancestral rural land in dera bassi,punjab.I have the plot layouts authorised by the MC.And i am trying to find out if it is registered and if yes,then in whose name(i.e grandfather,great-grandfather...)

However every time i visit the municipal office,i am told to bring the registry of the land.And when i say that is exactly what i am looking for,the answer is in the negative and they say they can not find any records without the registry.i am told that the personnal are looking for a bribe and only after that they will furnish the records.

I do not want to pay my hard earned money as a bribe.

how can i obtain information under <acronym title="Right to Information">RTI</acronym>.

Please help

Regards

Raj

Re: RTI for Land Registry Information

can anybody help me...

3. Re: RTI for Land Registry Information

Dear Mr. Raj,
    Please file RTI application with village officer [talati etc] and also Mamlatdar i.e. Taluka head requesting for land extracts of plot in the village. I have helped ateast 15 persons get these details in Kutch-Gujarat through RTI with no bribing or even visit to govt office, In kutch prices of land have recently sky-rocketed. Based on these land extracts, ask a good advocate to carry out search for 30 years in sub-registrar office/land revenue office and issue you a trail and no-encumbrance certificate of your plot. If you desire to have proforma of RTI application for land extracts, pl sms your email Id to 09924106490 or email it on my personal message on this site. I would be happy to assist you through RTI.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

4. Re: RTI for Land Registry Information

Further to my earlier posting of today, I add that advocates are authorised to scrutinise records of sub-registrar/land revenue dept for a nominal fee depending upon years of search to be carried out. In this search advocate can get details of earlier registries etc of the plot. Based on this U can file application for duplicate copy of sale-deed. If U donot get reply say in 30-35 days, give a RTI punch by referring to my blog "Any thing pending with Govt?' Please do mention in all applications that you are heir in straight line of....[name of your father/grand father/great grand father] and hence you are entitled to this info/papers, otherwise they will deny access treating U as third party.

Dear JP

Thank you for the reply.I can see things much more clearly now.I shall file an RTI with the village officer requesting land extracts.

As it is,over here in punjab land prices have hit the roof and the officials are minting money out of the land sales and ensuing confusion.

I will sms my email address to your mobile and message you as well.Please mail me the RTI proforma.

Thank you once again.
    I will make the necessary updates as the situation unfolds.
    Best Regards

Raj

6. Re: RTI for Land Registry Information

For proforma and fees etc you may refer State Govt. Rules. This is the site of Punjab Information Commission.

Thank you for the link.

I will keep you updated.

Thank you

A question comes to my mind.

The ancestral plot does not mention any plot number on the map but the ward number and name of Mohalla.Further on inquiry I found that the neighbours living in that mohalla have not been assigned any house numbers either.

While filling the RTI application how should I refer to the plot.Should I attach a photocopy of the maps/building permits along with the application.Or just ask them to search for a piece of land connected to my family name in the records.

Please excuse my ignorance.I just want to make sure they do not reject my application on any flimsy ground.

Regards

raj

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android