Name:
    A R SRINIVASAN
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question written complaints sent to registrar vigilance of Madras High Court

Dear friends,
    I am aged 68 and a class I central Govt pensioner and RTI ACTIVIST ON MY OWN SIMPLE WAY.(my real name is:A.R.Srinivasan- from Chennai)
    I was impleaded as an accused in a criminal case alleging that I instigated my younger brother to physically harm my 80 year old widowed mother, to pressurise to accept family property partition matters by other brothers and sisters. We were cleared by the magistrate as acquitted as the police inspector has given evidence that he was getting telephone calls from his head quarters to file FIR and the magistrate acquitted me. The earlier magistrate without applying his mind issued me a Non bailable warrant and I had to seek anticipatory bail. I WROTE TWO COMPLAINTS TO THE REGISTRAR VIGILANCE OF MADRAS HIGH COURT THAT THE MAGISTRATE WAS DISHONEST AND DID NOT APPLY HIS MIND WHILE ISSUING THE NBW TO ME. So far even after 12 months has elapsed, I did not get any reply or action taken report.
    Let me get your considered views.

› Find content similar to: written complaints sent to registrar vigilance of Madras High Court

Name:
    Dinesh
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: written complaints sent to registrar vigilance of Madras High Court

12 months seems to be a long time to apply RTI. You should write a letter again to the vigilance office quoting details of your last letter.

Wait for a month and use the RTI Act. if no answer is received from them for 30-35 days.

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Dear Mr. Shrinivasan,
    Welcome to this portal. U can constructively use your retired life and time in study and helping others to use this instrument while dealing with govt depts/offices.Your education and back ground of govt service will be very much useful in guiding others to effectively navigate govt web. As for your own case, I invite you to kindly refer my blog "Any thing pending with Govt?" and file RTI application with PIO of High Court. We look forward for your active participation on this site. U have to visit website of Madras High Court to know about, address of PIO, proforma, fees, mode of payment of fees etc.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Raj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dont think you will suceed in any way by proving the Hon. Magistrate did not apply his mind. Your letter could also be taken as contempt of court. Pls be careful in writing letters to Courts. Try not to name anyone but state your greivance completely. Since the order of NBW can be set aside by higher court.. you cannot do anything to the issuer..Unless you have some strong reason provable by evidence..

Name:
    rajendra bakre
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajasekarrao33 View Post
    i dont think you will suceed in any way by proving the Hon. Magistrate did not apply his mind. Your letter could also be taken as contempt of court. Pls be careful in writing letters to Courts. Try not to name anyone but state your greivance completely. Since the order of NBW can be set aside by higher court.. you cannot do anything to the issuer..Unless you have some strong reason provable by evidence..
    Very correct advice!

Levelling personal allegations against a magistrate does amount to contempt of court. If you have done so you are very fortunate to have escaped the contempt proceedings.

Better file an appeal in higher court against the judgement of magistrate through a capable lawyer.

Issuing or not issuing NBW is part of official duty of a magistrate. You can not/should not level personal allegations against the magistrate if you do not get a favourable order from any court.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Guest\Desktop\scan mohanraam 27.jpg[/IMG]

cic order madras high court rti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cic order madras high court rti showcase notice
    Attached Images Attached Images written complaints sent to registrar vigilance of Madras High Court-scan-mohanraam-27-jpg 

Name:
    Raj
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajub View Post
    Very correct advice!

Levelling personal allegations against a magistrate does amount to contempt of court. If you have done so you are very fortunate to have escaped the contempt proceedings.

Better file an appeal in higher court against the judgement of magistrate through a capable lawyer.

Issuing or not issuing NBW is part of official duty of a magistrate. You can not/should not level personal allegations against the magistrate if you do not get a favourable order from any court.
    NOT SURE THE ADVICE IS RIGHT!!!! The section 6 of the Contempt Act reads as under:
    "6. Complaint against presiding officers of subordinate courts when not contempt.A person shall not be guilty of contempt of court in respect of any statement made by him in good faith concerning the presiding officer of any subordinate court to-
    (a) any other subordinate court, or
    (b) the High Court, to which it is subordinate.

Explanation.-In this section, " subordinate court " means any court subordinate to a High Court. "

The complaint against the magistrate is not because of non-favorable order but because the magistrate didn't follow the process as per the statute (CrPC).... I think we have the right to complain in those cases so long as we can prove and I see no reason that this will come under contempt of court....

FYI. I also hail from Tamil Nadu and had a similar case, I used RTI and collected few dozen such cases and filed complaint against the magistrates. It is still pending with the registrar vigilance for inquiry and I plan to file a writ petition very soon to direct him to act. In most criminal cases, the miscarriage of justice happens only because the magistrates don't comply with the requirements of the CrPC especially around 'applying their mind'. They issue notices and summons in automatic manner and thus we must complain without any hesitation (as Supreme Court has contemned such practices on several judgments)...appeal is not what is needed in such cases...

I encourage you to fight and push your complaint in this regard. But not sure how the RTI can help... Here is what happened to me.. I filed the RTI after sending few reminders and the PIO simply says that the information will be provided once the inquiry is over!!!! What I have done is to keep sending a reminder to the registrar vigilance once in every 6 months so that the complaint is alive. Now I am ready to move the registrar general and then to the High Court.

There is no time bar on the complaint so long as they have not concluded in your complaint... Send a reminder and follow up with a complaint to the registrar general and then file WP with the High Court.

Hope this helps!!!!

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android