Topic Identifier

Thread: Reason for Transfer/Posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reason for Transfer/Posting

Hi

Can I ask the specific reason behind the transfer/postings of officers working in Government under <ACRONYM title="Right to Information">RTI</ACRONYM> Act in order to find out deviations/violations of Transfer/Posting Norms in the name of "Administrative exigency"?

Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Reason for Transfer/Posting

You have a right to ask,however,they will not give an honest answer.I was issued a transfer letter to a post to which I was never appointed,my Head Office issued advise
    not to make transfer effective to my distinct post,nobody cared to listen and I had to spend thousands of rupees to get stay from court.However,after 10 months I am facing
    charges of "unauthorised absence" as the stay was granted after 40 days.

Name:
    Murgie Krishnan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chandru View Post
    Hi

Can I ask the specific reason behind the transfer/postings of officers working in Government under <acronym title="Right to Information">RTI</acronym> Act in order to find out deviations/violations of Transfer/Posting Norms in the name of "Administrative exigency"?
    The information you seek under the RTI Act must NOT be in the nature of "advice, explanation, opinion or roving inquiry." Sometimes the trick is just to think a bit and redraft the query so that what you seek is something in the record. E.g (a) Please give me a certified copy of the transfer policy. (b) Please give me a list of officials who were transferred in the last 3 years. (c) Please confirm if all of these were within the policy specified in (a). And so on.

If you search this site, you will most likely see some better examples than mine above. Also note, if you do not belong to this organization, then the request may have to meet a higher standard of public interest. Best,

Murgie

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Wordings of querry are important to get the info required.One should ask for certified copy of records/papers that may contain required info. This is the best way to access through RTI. Please retry. U can ask for copy of file notings pertaining to your own transfer.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chandu,

Under section 4 1 d of RTI Act, 2005 administration has to give reasons for your transfer if you are effected person.

administration has to disclose the administrative and quasi-judicial reasons.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Information regarding Transfers/Postings (of oneself as well as other officers) have to be transparent and as ruled several times by the CIC, should be in the Public Domain.

Readers will be interested in a large 17 page decision/order of the CIC in matter related to an RTI application by Mr Arvind Kejariwal regarding appointment/promotions/transfers of Diretors and Joint Secretaries in the Union Government. The matter went on for a nearly 3 years - finally CIC ordered the giving of copies to Mr Kejariwal. Just see the twists and turns in the full case over this period:

http://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/FB-12062008-01.pdf

Name:
    R.P.Vallinayagam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your information reg. CIC decision

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android