Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA

I thank all the members of this forum who have cared to read this thread. It appears that my employer insurance company was "harassed" by my RTI applications as officially admitted by them to CIC dt.12 June 2008 (CIC/AT/A/2008/00097...).
    I am surprised that an ordinary citizen of India can "harass" an insurance organisation worth millions of rupees and ironically the CIC seems to "agree" with such arguments.
    Although my suspension since April 10,2008 does not concern any of you,however,let me calrify that the so called grave charges against me as per the charge sheets of my employer(which may result in removal of services) is that I left headquarters and that I took photograph by mobile of "important" office documents.
    I dream for the day when as a citizen of India,I shall be provided the information as promised under the RTI Act.

› Find content similar to: Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA

Shrigopal,
    I think that now you got my personal view on RTI. How myself in person is considering the RTI Act. Many may not agree with me. The RTI Act has given WE THE POEPLE OF INDIA the powers which none of the enactments could ever provide. With the RTI Act a cityzen can harrass the PA, black-mail them, cause nuisance to them and can make them beg you to leave them alone without the requirement of assigning any reason for resorting to such acts. It can litterally make them scared of you. Mind you that RTI Act is not a Holy Cow; but a powerful weapon so far kept only in the show case. Please take it out and use it. I am not advocatting anything unlawful. The RTI Act throw a chaallenge to the corrupt to be careful. If they do anything wrong they CAN BE caught. The only problem is that if you are not very careful, the weapon can hurt the user, it can cause wounds, like, suspension, transfer, dismissal et., etc., If you are scared of it better not to attempt its use. There are far too many courageous ciyzen we have in India who are using it withstanding all foolish allegations that the RTI Act is misused, it is used for blakmailing, it need mass awareness, the request for information does not involve public cause etc., etc., etc.,
    Last edited by colnrkurup; 15-03-09 at 03:10 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android