Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA

Name:
    atul s chauhan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA

I have a querry. Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA. Can any one guide me .

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Re: Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA

The RTI Act has no provision to penalise an applicant. But I couldnot follow the logic behind your question. An applicant does not furnish information; but seek information. Often it is alleged about applicant settling score with PIOs by asking information inconvenient to the PIO or AA . I presume that your reference to PIA is PIO . In any case an applicant can only ask information and does not furnish any information. . Seeking any information irrespective of it settle score or not does not constitute any offence. If the information sought is provided by the PIO also the applicant has no role even if the information so disclosed cause undue injury to the PIO. The responsibility to provide or not provide the information and its consequences are to be faced by the PIO.

If you come out with more spoecifics of the case, learned members of this forum may clear all your doubts.

Name:
    atul s chauhan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can the applicant be penalised for furnishing wrong information to the commision and try to settle score with PIA

If the information has been sent to applicant by pio and still he writes to commission that he has not recd the information just to harass pio to settle the score then what to do.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there is nothing to worry on the part of PIO as the applicant complaint or the appeal will be rejected at a very initial stage.

Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a nightmare like experience when the honourable Commissioner at CIC threatned to call police dt.11.03.09,he was reluctant to hear me,although I was the information seeker.

Name:
    Abhishek Goyal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

11.03.09 is yet to come. then how can you say so ????????

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Atul,
    Where you the applicant ? Did you make a false complaint to the Commission that you did not receive the information ? If so. it is not acceptable to law abiding honest members of this forum. If you are not the liar and it pertain to some one else, please ignore him. Such people are not worth keeping company with nor deserve any guidance from members of this forum. For your information, though the issue does not fall under the ambit of RTI Act, it amount to " framing a false report in a judicial proceedings " - a offence for which a capable PIO can arrange to book the culprit though people ignores it.

Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The date is actually 11.02.03,sorry for printing mistake.
    No false complaint,8 different RTI applications were scrapped by the First appellate authority in one decision as "frivolous and vexatious...",When the applicant entered the CIC for hearing dt.11.02,the CIC was already biased that being an employee of the First appellate authority he was as per the CIC "misusing the RTI Act meant for poor persons"...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android