Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Applying for Ration Card in Chennai

Dear Forum members,
    The Civil Supplies authorities are non cooperative with regard to issuing a family card to me. Earlier my name was deleted from my brother's card for which my brother's family do not have deletion certificate. Whereas the civil supplies branch where my brother's card is listed refused to give a deletion certificate on the grounds that it is difficult to trace the records of any particular card, another branch where I am supposed to apply for the card insists on getting the deletion certificate. Last week I wrote to The Secretary Mr.Shanmugam, IAS, Civil Supplies Dept, TN Govt, on this issue. I am yet to receive even an acknowledgement for my email. Despite the fact that I being an NRI wanted the family card for all transactions in India and that it will be difficult for me to visit India frequently to pursue on this matter, the officials were not willing to cooperate. I would like to ask the RTI forum to guide me in obtaining the family card in this situation. Thanks

› Find content similar to: Applying for Ration Card in Chennai

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Applying for Ration Card in Chennai

Earlier my name was deleted from my brother's card for which my brother's family do not have deletion certificate. Whereas the civil supplies branch where my brother's card is listed refused to give a deletion certificate on the grounds that it is difficult to trace the records of any particular card, another branch where I am supposed to apply for the card insists on getting the deletion certificate.
    From above it seems your work will be done if u get the deletion certificate.
    Under RTI ask for the certified copy of the deletion certificate on the basis of which the your name was deleted. I hope u will get the copy within 30 days.

Regards.