Topic Identifier

Thread: Details of the PIO SBI CARD

1. Details of the PIO SBI CARD

I want the address of the PIO SBI card urgently; I cannot find the Address of the same.
    I have approached PIO State Bank of India but they say that SBI Card is a company and does not fall under the Purview of SBI so they will not accept application on behalf of SBI CARD.
    I want the information very urgently I will be thankful If somebody can help me out.

Last edited by nile0611; 28-02-07 at 01:28 PM.

2. Hello,
    I am also not aware as of now about the SBI credit card as SBI is actually doing business with GE for providing credit card.

However, you can submit the application to SBI, and they are bound to either forward or reply back to you, being closely related department.

If there is a refusal in writing to you you can complaint to CIC directly under Section 18 of the said Act and CIC would direct the appropriate authority to reply or represent.

3. Hello Nile, I do not know the specific reason for your seeking the PIO of SBI credit cards. If it is with regard to any unethical practice on their part in billing or collection, stand firm and do not budge. I am providing a link to RBI guidlines for credit card issuing companies which may be of some use to you:
    Reserve Bank of India

4. The registered address of SBI Cards is
    Registered Address: SBI Cards & Payment Services Private Limited
    State Bank of India, Local Head Office: 11 Parliament Street, New Delhi 110001

5. Re: Details of the PIO SBI CARD

Recently there is one judgement from CIC against SBI Credit CArd. I want the copy of that judgement anyone in forum having it kindlt link it for me.

6. Re: Details of the PIO SBI CARD

Please read my blog on this subject of CIC decision on SBI Cards.

7. Re: Details of the PIO SBI CARD

Nile,
    Please refer to the thread of sidmis State Bank of India cards under RTI net. It contains the relevant link to the CIC decision.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: State Bank of India cards under RTI net

Attached is a very strange order of the CIC.

Although the CIC did not go into the details of declaring SBI Credi Cards as a publioc authority, it nevertheless asked the respondent to provide the information sought !

Wonder if CIC can pass such an order.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Twitter: @cjkarira

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android