Thread: Got 1st Appeal order favourable, but still no action from PIO

Question Got 1st Appeal order favourable, but still no action from PIO

Hi all,
    In the order passed for my 1st appeal, the PA cum Commissioner of Police has directed the PIO cum DCP to "furnish all information pointwise as required by the applicant". He's also mentioned that "the PIO is advised to collect the actual cost of copying from the applicant by intimating him the same before delivery of the documents/information".
    But in the order, he did not mention any time limit for furnishing the info. Now it has been past 30 days, and there's no communication from the PIO what so ever, not even intimating about the cost reqd.
    I recently sent a telegram to the commissioner, reminding of the order and mentioning the above point.

Any pointers, as to how should I proceed now?

Best Regards,
    Mithun Kumar.
    ---------------------------------
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
    Then they fight you. Then you win."
    --------------------------------- M.K.Gandhi

2. Re: Got 1st Appeal order favourable, but still no action from PIO

Pl send a letter to FAA with copy of his letter and complaining of non-compliance by PIO despite lapse of 30 days. Endorse copy to PIO also. Ask him to fix a time-limit for PIO to submit info to U. In case if this does not work for next 15-20 days, file second appeal to SIC, with a copy to PIO and FAA. Things will move.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Re: Got 1st Appeal order favourable, but still no action from PIO

OK, cool!
    Thanks for the suggestion. The first step that you suggested, I've already done in the form of telegram to the FAA as I mentioned.
    Best Regards,
    Mithun Kumar.
    ---------------------------------
    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
    Then they fight you. Then you win."
    --------------------------------- M.K.Gandhi

Re: Got 1st Appeal order favourable, but still no action from PIO

Alternatively another RTI Application may be filed to ascertain the action taken by the PIO on the order of the first appellate authority along with a copy of the compliance report/action taken report submitted to the FAA and also reasons for delay.

Sidharth

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android