Thread: passport status

passport status

Hi,
    I submitted my passport application on feb 2008.. I finished UG in college at coimbatore. Permanent residence verification was made during the mid of march end.for the past one when i checked passport status through internet .it says that "Demand draft removed and application under process" .I dont know the meabing of this statement .was the status till now.. Is that tells that Police verification was complete??
    Kindly let me know

2. Re: passport status

u keep crying loud on their dumb ears, it wont make them hear your voice.

try to file your RTI applicatioin basically asking DPR (daily progress report) of your case to -

THE CPIO
    Smt. Sumathi Ravichandran RPO
    26 Haddows Road
    Shastri Bhavan
    Nungambakkam
    Chennai - 600034
    Tel No - 044-28203592/593/594/28240696/28219944/28206253
    Fax - 044-28252767
    E-mail -
    rpo.chennai@mea.gov.in

3. Re: passport status

Mr. Satyanarayan,
    Welcome to this portal. A little time invested in navigating through this site will enable U to effectively deal with such delays and indifference towards citizens.
    I have posted a blog for delay in issue/renewal of passport on 20-06-2008. Why not make use of it in your case? Please do not address in personal name, as officers get transfered. All the best.

Incidentally I have posted article on 20-06-2008 in GUIDE section which deals with information pertaining to Tamilnadu Govt. It would be useful to you in future.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android