Smt. Sheela Jayaraman
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    0 Post(s)

Question Delay in receipt of Provident Fund dues

I put voluntary resignation and have resinged from SBI. As per the rules, unless the retirement is a normal one, employee is entitled to get his retirement dues like Pf, gratuity within one month from the date of retirement.

i resigned after giving mandatory 3 months notice. However, my PF dues were paid to me with a delay of 20 days beyond 30 days.

I had send a letter and then a reminder to the Bank but except for an acknowledgement to my first letter from the Local Head Office (Ahmedabad), i have not received any response. the letter was addressed to PPG Department, Ahmedabad LHO and was sent through the zonal office, baroda and a copy to Ahmedabad LHO.

I understand that interest should be paid on delay on my funds, as had i continued in the bank, my pf would have continued to earn interest.

what should be the course of action for me to follow now.

› Find content similar to: Delay in receipt of Provident Fund dues

J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    23 Post(s)
    9 Thread(s)
    62 Post(s)

Re: Delay in receipt of Provident Fund dues

Welcome to this portal. U can file RTI application with PIO of LHO, Ahmedabad asking for status of your letter. U may refer my blog 'any thing pending with govt?' and draft queries on that basis. U can also refer my blog on filing RTI applications with central govt public authority and sbi is one of them. Bank is bound to reply within 30 days. U can ask for rules regarding interest on delayed payment etc. In case of difficulty, pl visit GUIDE icon on right hand top of this page. Good luck.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.