Thread: Is National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange And Sebi Come Under The Rti Act

Is National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange And Sebi Come Under The Rti Act

Is National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange And Sebi Come Under The Rti Act

2. re: Is National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange And Sebi Come Under The Rti Act

SEBI comes under the RTI Act.

For NSE & BSE I am not very sure.

re: Is National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange And Sebi Come Under The Rti Act

The following post is already available in this site itself, I am just quoting it:

The current position regarding Stock Exchanges vis-a-vis RTI Act is that they are not coming under the purview of the Act.
    Several Cases are pending with the High Courts after being stayed.

You will find enough discussions here in this website.
    The most important is listed below.
    Stock Exchanges now under RTI

Use the search facility available above or simply use the following link.
    Stock Exchanges

Have a look at the following news item here..

The Full Bench decision of Central Information Commission on Stock Exchange
    is available here. https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_07062007_29.pdf

Re: Is National Stock Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange And Sebi Come Under The Rti Act

I got a letter in May 2008 signed by one
    Maheshkumar C M Asst Manager wherein he had stated
    that,
    " NSE is not covered under the RTI Act 2005 as it is not a publich authority under the act
    But this NSE and SEBI are more fraud prone and political interferences are many to manipulate the markets.
    During 2005-2006-2007-2008 there was several market interventions by the ministries and thousands of crores were lost by investors.
    But these entities are trying to escape from giving information on who
    earned out of paupering the innocent investors

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android