Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Appellate Authority Fo Cmm Calcutta

1st Appellate Authority Fo Cmm Calcutta

Can Any One Suggest Who Is The First Appellate Authority
    Of Chief Metorpolitan Magistrate, Calcutta As The Judicial Department Details Given In Wbrit.in Site Does Not Give The
    Name Of 1st Appellate Authority.
    What To Do For Preferring 1st Appellate As Cmm, Calcutta
    Failed To Give Information As Contained In My Applictain
    U/s 6(1) Of The Act

Re: 1st Appellate Authority Fo Cmm Calcutta

It's the PIO's responsibility to tell you who the FAA is and how to reach him. Try asking the PIO. If you don't get a useful reply in a reasonable period I think it would be appropriate to file a complaint to the CIC u/s18. Other people on this site may have alternative opinions, suggestions. Best, -Murgie

3. Re: 1st Appellate Authority Fo Cmm Calcutta

murgie,

under which section of the act, the PIO is responsible to tell the name & address of FAA ?

some lower grade officer might be the PIO and Chief Metorpolitan Magistrate,who is head of the particuler jurisdicction is the First appellate authority. verify

Quote Originally Posted by prbhat_gen View Post
    murgie,

under which section of the act, the PIO is responsible to tell the name & address of FAA ?
    See https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/4845-s...reference.html

I also think there is a rule regarding this, though in searching for it just now I have not been able to find it. I am sure of this because on a couple of occasions (in dealing with SEBI and RBI) when the CPIO did not provide the FAA details, when I asked for them, in contrast to their usual lackadaisical response, for this they responded almost immediately by email with the relevant FAA details. Best,

Murgie

Found the rule on the CIC website: CIC in their FAQ, under duties of PIOs. The key sections are:

12. What are the duties of a PIO?
    PIO shall deal with requests from persons seeking information and where the request cannot be made in writing, to render reasonable assistance to the person to reduce the same in writing. ...
    Where a request has been rejected, the PIO shall communicate to the requester - (i) the reasons for such rejection, (ii) the period within which an appeal against such rejection may be preferred, and (iii) the particulars of the Appellate Authority. ...

In general, users of this website should note that the CIC website also deserves more attention from all of us ... in preparing first drafts of requests, figuring out strategies that have been popular among PIOs and FAAs, understanding where the language they use is stolen from, and other useful stuff.

Best,
    Murgie

Quote Originally Posted by prbhat_gen View Post

Chanchal,Abhishek , Please go through RTI Act 2005 Section 7 (3) (b) and Section 7(8).
    It clearly states PIO shall provide particulars of Appellate Authority.
    Last edited by opsharma; 27-06-08 at 11:27 AM.

8. Re: 1st Appellate Authority Fo Cmm Calcutta

I would also suggest that U may address first appeal as "To, The First Appellate Authority under RTI Act 2005" and send at the address of Court of CMM by speed ad post. In my 2-3 cases this has worked, when PIO did not reply. Send copy of appeal to PIO. In appeal U can also point out that PIO has not informed U contact details of FAA, which he was duty bound u/s 7 [8] [iii] of RTI Act 2005. Pl request for departmental enquiry for violation of RTI Act provisions and also fundamental right under article 19.1 in prayer column of first appeal.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android