Thread: Land Details in kolkata

Land Details in kolkata

Dear Freinds,
    I am on the way to purchase a property at kolkata , though title and all is clear , there is a scope for road widening in the same zone . The problem is my would be property is right on the main road of Raja S.C Mullick road which is to be widened . The other occupants of the area have received notices from PWD for land acquisitions , but the so called property has not yet received any notice. My problem is i have done intensive search from kolkata municipal corporation for land, whether i am affected by this road widening , but there has been no help. Now what is the procedure to find out whether my property is affected by this road widening scheme or not? Is there any RTI depeartment whom i can contact who can give me details of this property before i purchase ? can some one help me out?
    Thanks in advance.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Land Details in kolkata

Pradeep,

Your RTI Application can be addressed to the SPIO's (State Public Information Officer) of the departments from whom you want to get information (like Municipal Corporation, Urban Development and Planning department, etc...).

However going by your case background, it seems very likely that this building will also get a notice sooner or later. At the site, there must be some markings already made for the "extent" of demolition, unless this property is already "set back" from the proposed road widening limits.

For help regarding drafting, submitting, payment of fees, etc...please visit the Guide segment of this portal, the link is available at the top right hand side of each page.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android