Thread: Transfer of Property

Transfer of Property

Hi,

My dad had a house built in dehradun, however got it registered under my grand mother's name.

My dad also had two sisters but both of them had been married before the house was built. My dad had a power of attorney though. However, my dad passed away in 1986 and my grandmother passed away in 1989. None of them had left any will. A no-objection certificate (letter...) letter signed by one of my dad's sister and my dad's second sister's husband (since second sister had also passed away) was submitted in the court stating that the property can be transferred in my mother's name and they do not have any objection to it. However, we do not have any mutation certificate, etc.. I am not sure whether property would have been transferred in my other's name or not. The house tax is in my mother's name. I would like to know who has the clear title to the property. Can my mother enter into a sale deed with a third party even if there is no mutation certificate or the property has still not been transferred in my mother's name. I am her son and now I am above 18. Please suggest how should we proceed since we don't want the property should become disputed.

2. Re: Transfer of Property

In this site we focus exclusively on RTI related matters. For help on other social causes, please take it up at our sister-portal, www.bighelpers.org.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android