Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Education Loan

Education Loan

Hello everybody !

My son studying B.E in an Engineering College under Anna University, Chennai. I approached here all the banks in my local town. But all the bank managers directed me to another bank each other saying that your ward has not been allotted for us. Is there anybody to answer this post. if u guide me i wll be thankful to you. Where can I get information about this ward allottment.

Re: Education Loan

Please ask the bank(s) to provide the list of complete formalities required for providing education loan or check the same on the web sites of the banks.Then see weather you/your son are eligible for education loan or loan for education.If you are elagible for the same and the bank is not providing the loan only then you can take the Help of RTI Act-2005.

Thanks for your reply. I have already finished all the formalities and given all the documents. They refused to sanction the loan for reasoning only I am not under the ward locality which is not under their bank.

4. Re: Education Loan

Is that a criteria for sanction of loan?
    Have you tried other banks?
    RTI India Network Staff Member

5. Re: Education Loan

try to get the denial letter from the bank and approach the banking ombudsman for your matter.

they did not give me any acknwledgement receipt for abtaining my application. can I ask them for letter. there is no any proof for submitting my application.

7. Re: Education Loan

ask them the proceedings of your loan application. if they say that they have not received any loan application. again file the loan application. get all the event/correspondence duly acknowledged.

8. Re: Education Loan

Under service area approach, a cluster of villages are allotted to particular branch of a bank. In cities, wards are allotted to each bank branch. Hence U have to approach the bank branch to which your municipal ward is allotted. This info U can get from the local branch of the lead bank of the district. This is followed to avoid double finance etc. Bank is bound to give acknowledgement of loan application as per RBI directives.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android