Thread: Identity cards must for DTC ticket checking staff

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Identity cards must for DTC ticket checking staff

As reported by Swapna Tarafdar in chennaionline.com on 29 June 2008:
    http://www.chennaionline.com/colnews/newsitem.asp?NEWSID={83DD8EBA-FFB4-43A3-9B39-A53CDAD802C8}&CATEGORYNAME=NATL

Identity cards must for DTC ticket checking staff

New Delhi, Jun 29 Next time you are travelling by a DTC bus and are asked to produce a ticket, do check the authenticity of the transport inspector as it is mandatory for them to carry their identity cards.

In reply to an RTI application filed by Mandavali resident Ashkeen Ahmed, the public information officer (PIO) of Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) A K Goyal said the DTC employee checking the tickets of commuters in a bus should produce their I-cards on demand.

Designated as conductors, Assistant Transport Inspectors, Transport Inspectors and Travel supervisors, it is mandatory for these employees in the job of checking tickets to carry their I-card, the PIO said.

If they refuse to produce the I-card on demand, a complaint with details of the person and the bus in which the incident happened should be submitted with the nearest regional office or the central grievance cell at Pragati Maidan or the transport department at Scindia House.

Though the PIO failed to mention the number of persons who could check in each bus, he stated that it is compulsory for the transport inspector of DTC buses to be in uniform when on duty.

Disciplinary action will be taken if any complaint in this regard is produced.

Ahmed, 19, was compelled to file the RTI after being harassed by DTC Transport Inspectors on two different occasions. (Agencies)

Re: Identity cards must for DTC ticket checking staff

Dear karira,

I too have on a number witnessed the DTC conductors and ticket checkers harrassing the passengers. Leave aside showing their ID cards they use the most foul language when confronted upon. Never ever can they be seen wearing any uniform. The helpline number given in the bus is either busy or no one bothers to pick up the phone. The bus conductor is the last person one can ask for the complaint or suggestion book.

3. Re: Identity cards must for DTC ticket checking staff

One should use the number 2301-0101 for traffic problem in Delhi. I have used this number of times and found it very helpful.

Once while travelling in a Blue line I used the number to report about the bus whose driver was not willing to move from a particulatr bus stop even after request from passengers.

After reporting the matter to the above number, the bus was intercepted by traffice police on the route about 3 Kms away and handed over a challan of Rs. 600.