Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Income tax refund

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Income tax refund

Amol,

Just wait for a few days to allow for postal delays and then file First Appeal.

The First Appeal has to be filed with a officer higher than the PIO OR if such a officer has been designated. There is no fee for First Appeal under RTI Rules for the centre.

A general format for First Appeal, for deemed denial of information (no reply), is attached to the following post:

https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/3363-d...html#post11618

Please modify it suitably to your requirements and use it.

Hi,

I have not yet received the income tax refund yet. Where can I file the first appeal. I mean how can I find the higher PIO for the one I had sent. When can I get the higher PIO name and address. Also, whether can I send it through ordinary post. I am still not clear.

I will suggest here one thing for this site,
    There should be some database in one place. Suppose for e.g take income tax RTI application.
    1) We should have RTI income tax template for the first time filing along with sample application form.
    2) We should have First appeal template along with sample form
    3) We should have second appeal template along with sample form.

The database will contain all these sections(for e.g income tax, PAN card, etc.). Under these you should have all the forms mentioned above. Also there should be one document on how to file that particular form. Also you can add links for info on PIOs(state or citywise).

Please let me know if this is already in place.

I think will not cofuse anyone & everyone will find the information in one place.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amolg View Post
    I will suggest here one thing for this site,
    There should be some database in one place. Suppose for e.g take income tax RTI application.
    1) We should have RTI income tax template for the first time filing along with sample application form.
    2) We should have First appeal template along with sample form
    3) We should have second appeal template along with sample form.

The database will contain all these sections(for e.g income tax, PAN card, etc.). Under these you should have all the forms mentioned above. Also there should be one document on how to file that particular form. Also you can add links for info on PIOs(state or citywise).

Please let me know if this is already in place.

I think will not cofuse anyone & everyone will find the information in one place.
    Items 1, 2 and 3 can be found in the links provided on the home page under "All About RTI".

You also have the option of using the search or the tag feature available in the green band at top of every page and search for "income tax" or "income tax refund". You will find many threads that will be of help to you and contain sample applications.

If by data base of CPIO you mean CPIO's of Income Tax department, time and again, I have mentioned in several posts that ALL assessing officers of the Income Tax department (ITO or Asst. Commissioner) have been designated as CPIO's. They are the assessing officers of the your ward/circle where you filed your IT return and claimed refund. It does not have to do anything with where you are at present, if you have moved or not, etc. The AA is generally the Addnl. Commissioner of Income Tax or in some cases the Commissioner of Income Tax.

Having a complete database of ALL PIO's for each and every Public Authority in the Centre, States, UT's, Courts, Legislature is impossible at present.

Even the respective Governments/Competent Authority do not have such a data base.

For example, in Andhra Pradesh, there are 1,76,000 SPIO's and there is no single place where all are listed under a proper index.

It is also suggested that you spend some time in the "Guide" section of the forum. That has many useful links under each state/centre to provide details of PIO's - but is not exhaustive at all. It also contains some useful articles including one about how to submit a RTI application if you do not know who is the PIO.

5. Re: Income tax refund

For first appeal visit my blogs at https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...uidelines.html and https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...vt-format.html. For address of First Appellate Authority, pl visit website of Income Tax Dept-RTI icon [it is www.incometaxindia.gov.in]
    Last edited by jps50; 10-10-08 at 03:11 PM.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android