Thread: can the system(computer) in Bank do any faulty transactions?

can the system(computer) in Bank do any faulty transactions?

I found 2 wrong entries in my bank passbook (1. showing my a/c balance to 0, 2. recrediting the same balance again after making enquiries about that).
    when I asked about the Bank manager about this wrong entries, she said it is the system's fault. Please help.

2. Re: can the system(computer) in Bank do any faulty transactions?

Shoba,

at once send a letter to the bank manager asking an explanation of these two transactions.

the bank manager will probably not reply to your letter and then you can file a complaint to the banking ombudsman after 30 days.

if the manager sends you a reply you are not satisfied with it then immediately you can file a complaint with the banking ombudsman.

in your case RTI wont prove much good. (as what i feel )

in your complaint to the banking ombudsman dont forget to demand your interest for the period your a/c balance was nil.

Re: can the system(computer) in Bank do any faulty transactions?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoba View Post
    I found 2 wrong entries in my bank passbook (1. showing my a/c balance to 0, 2. recrediting the same balance again after making enquiries about that).
    when I asked about the Bank manager about this wrong entries, she said it is the system's fault. Please help.
    To err is human. To make a really big or silly mistake you need a computer. But the bank had better take steps -- immediately -- to correct "system error" and compensate you for any loss of interest, etc. you have suffered. If they have done that already there's not much more you can do except be vigilant and check that they do not make these mistakes a habit.

If there are other consumer-related websites -- I don't know of any for Indian banks -- it would be a good idea to report this. Best,

Murgie

No the system can not make a mistake on its own unless some wrong entry has been posted to it manually. Now a days with increasing interest rates it has become a common practice with the banks to do such wrong entries especially if the amount involved is marginally high. You can definitely seek an answer to this by RTI Act it it is a public sector bank. It is seen that in most of the cases if a customer points out such an error the bank is willing to compensate by way of making good the interest lost.

Thanks for all your suggestions...

6. Re: can the system(computer) in Bank do any faulty transactions?

Yes,I agree that without human intervention it is a rarity for a machine to commit mistake on its own.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android