Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Society matters.

  1. #1

    Society matters.

    Hi Friends,

    I am from Vasai, Maharashtra. I am also secretary in my Society. We are having only 14 flats. Two of the members to see complete accounts books of the society. We presented our Annual Reports along with balance sheet and profit and loss account. We also gave all the working papers and files to them. They have not been paying their dues since last two years saying they want complete accounts to be seen. Now that I had presented all the papers and documents and noted down their queries.

    They want their interest on the over due payments to be waived off saying we have delayed in showing them the accounts. They are also threatening us. We have also paid consultation fees to lawyer because of one of the two members. They say they will not accept this payment.

    Can any one suggest what to do?


  2. Re: Society matters.

    Matter doesn't pertains to RTI.

    but still..

    You can take action of Recovery under Section 101 of Maharashtra state co-op Society Act.

  3. #3
    Rajesh Vyas
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: Society matters.

    Did your Lawyers told you that First of ALL. As per Maharashtra Co-operative society's ACT, Every Office bearer will have to provide Indemnity Bond to Every member. Then Interest can not be more than 21% pa and that can not be waived. Every member who have objection to Accounts may file Complaint in Deputy Registrar, Co-operative Societies or May Directly approach Co-Operative Court. Memebrs ca not deny payment of dues and Office bearers have no right to say no to - Repair of leakage. Refer Mumbai high Court Judgement of May-2006 and Maharashtra Co-operative Society's Act.

    Member can deny to pay dues if Society fails to make good of Leakage or any other Problems he faced and society Office beareres harassed them deliberately. In that event he is not supposed to pay any penaly or Interest levied.
    Rajesh Vyas

  4. #4
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: Society matters.


    As Nile mentioned, matter does not pertain to RTI.

    Please try

    Closing the thread


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android