Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 23

Thread: Airtel Cheated me

  1. #1

    Airtel Cheated me

    My name is RAMESH and my mobile no is 99.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x. I was using this card for more then two years I would like to mention that it’s a life time validity card. From last 20 days I didn’t use this card. Because I was out of station. Whether I used my card or not it’s my choice because its life time validity card. so when after 20 days I used this card it says sim card registration failed when I contacted airtel relation ship center they told me that your card is install and given to some one else. When I contacted nodal officer he is telling due to address verification we have disconnected your sim card. I don’t understand where they where for two years when I was using this card. The main thing is that my card contains a balance amount of 6730.80 so when I asked what about balance they told me it’s gone now. Airtel had cheated me and they had taken such a big amount from me because whenever the card disconnect it’s not given to some else up to 6o days. Ok if they had disconnected after that they should give sometime but they had immediately given to someone else just because they know that this card has balance 6730. If they want they can check the data base and help me but they don’t want to do this. I think sunil mittal is becoming rich day by day by cheating like this only. Plz help if you can

    Last edited by ganpat1956; 10-09-09 at 08:26 PM.

  2. Thumbs up Re: Airtel Cheated me

    The choice of using the connection is left to subscriber if it is a life time connection. Though the airtel has authority to disconnect your SIM if you do not specify proper proof of address, the connect should be restored with in 24 or 48 hours when proper proof of address is produced. I can understand that u are cheated . you can lodge a RTI application with CPIO TRAI

  3. #3

    Re: Airtel Cheated me

    Dear Ramesh, Please take the help of RTI as it is good ammount.
    The Public Information Officer
    Telecom Regulatory Authority of India(TRAI)
    Door Sanchar Bhawan, Old Minto Road, next to Zakir Hussain College,
    New Delhi 110002
    In my case an ammount of Rs.300 was automatically deducted from my main balance,
    When I wrote to Airtel that, I will put the matter before the TRAI, in no time my balance came back to me.
    Fight for the Right.

  4. Re: Airtel Cheated me

    We Help & The Great, are you two suggesting a complaint to TRAI or RTI to TRAI ? The case is basically a deficiency in service on the part of the service provider Airtel.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

  5. #5

    Re: Airtel Cheated me

    Ramesh, as per "consumer protection and redressal of grievances regulations,2007" ,each Telecom company is obliged to appoint a Nodal Officer and an Appellate Authority for each circle/state in india.For Mumbai,its as follows:-
    Tel: 9987234865

    Address :-
    7th Floor,Bldg No 7
    Interface, Mindspace
    Link Road , Malad(W)

    Suggest speak to Nodal Officer (Ms Abha Gupta) first and if no action is taken,please contact Appellate Authority. Both have same Tel No and address .
    You can follow that up with written complaint , registered ,with AD, giving truthfully total details,and please also mention names and addresses of Airtel persons/retailers involved in this whole case .
    Good luck .
    Last edited by opsharma; 01-07-08 at 08:02 PM.

  6. #6

    Re: Airtel Cheated me

    I had contacted the nodal officer via email but he says your number is permanent deleted from prepaid system and we can’t help and whenever I try his number it’s always busy.
    I’m not getting one thing how fast they had done all this things. Now what to do plz help me.
    can i get the email id of trai where i can send my complaint
    Last edited by ramesh757; 01-07-08 at 09:19 PM. Reason: mis type

  7. #7

    Re: Airtel Cheated me

    1.Please send another e-mail to airtel ,referring to their email reply,and this time send to appellate authority with all details asking for reasons and rules under which connection was disconnected and whereabouts of your balance money of Rs 6730/-,and with a copy to : ,

    2.Also ,without furthur awaiting, send registered AD mails to Appellate Authority at above given address of Airtel , and also copy of that letter to:-

    The Telecom Authority of India
    Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan
    (Next to Zakir Hussain College)
    Jawaharlal Nehru Marg
    (Old Minto Road)
    New Delhi-110002

    If you want to visit TRAI site :
    Last edited by opsharma; 01-07-08 at 10:19 PM.

  8. #8

    Re: Airtel Cheated me

    Dear Ramesh,
    This is a clear case of deficiency in service and is covered under the consumer protection law. You can definitely file a complaint with the Distt Consumer Protection Forum u/s 12 of the said law. Prior to that it is mandatory to give a notice of the same to the service provider. I feel that along with filing a RTI application with TRAI and the Dept of Telecom you can also claim your money thru the consumer forum.
    TRAI has restricted area of jurisdiction it can not entertain individual complaints the complaint has to come from a group or society.
    Writing to Dept of Telecom at Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi may be of some help to you.

    Wishing all the best in getting your money back


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android