Topic Identifier

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RTI for Income Tax Refund

1. Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

TO KUSHAL:I am sorry. I have no intention to bypass sharing by emailing to individuals,Tomorrow my office shall respond as advised by you.
    With regards,
    NARAYAN VARMA

2. Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Quote Originally Posted by narayanvarma View Post
    TO KUSHAL:I am sorry. I have no intention to bypass sharing by emailing to individuals,Tomorrow my office shall respond as advised by you.
    With regards,
    NARAYAN VARMA
    Thank You for understanding.

3. Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Hi,

For RTI, instead of DD of Rs. 10/-, can we make the payment by cash? If not then plz tell me the person to whom DD should address. I want to apply at Hyderabad.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Anupam

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Anupam,

Is it to the IT department ?
    If yes, you can pay by DD, BC and IPO (the cheapest - only Rs. 10 + Re. 1). You can address it to "Accounts Officer". The application for IT refund has to be made to your Assessing Officer, who is the designated PIO for your ward / circle.

If the application is to a AP Public Authority, please visit the Guide segment, link given on the top right hand side of this page.

5. Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Shri Anupamji,
    You may refer my blog on IT Refund and file the application with ITO, who is also PIO of the ward to which U belong as per IT Dept. U may otherwise file with any PIO of IT Dept, who is bound to redirect your application to correct PIO, within 5 days of receipt of application by him. Good luck!
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

6. Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help. Yes, I wanted to file for IT refund at Hyderabad office. If successful then definitely post my success story here.

Regards,
    Anupam

7. Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Hi All,

I had filed an RTI application for refund of long due income taxes sometime in early April. Thanks to all the inputs from this forum (especially from Karira), I received a refund cheque (balance with interest) in May.

Thank you all so much. RTI is a really powerful tool that can come to the rescue of people like us. Keep up the good work on this forum

Regards,
    Mithun

Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Quote Originally Posted by apaul View Post
    no standard format...just a plain paper would do..mentioning that information is needed u/s 6(1) of the RTI Act, 2005....giving your complete details where u can be contacted....also make sure that u pay the requisite fee (DD in favour of Accounts Officer of the public authority/cash of Rs.10/-) along with the application, lest your application is rejected on this ground!!
    hi!I just joined this forum which i came across while searching for Using RTI to get long pending IT refund.I checked the govt RTI website but wasnt able to find the information related to in whose favour the DD is to be drawn.CAn you pl help where I can find this info? I am currenlty in Napur however I had filed my tax returns in Pune concerning the refund claim in question. Do i need to apply to Pune PIO of IT dept?Pl helpThanksMinoti

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android