0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Quote Originally Posted by kumar_sunil01 View Post
    Thanks a lot
    I have managed to get my Tax Refund in less than 20 days by filing an RTI application
    hi!
    I just joined this forum which i came across while searching for Using RTI to get long pending IT refund.

Since you have got your refund thro RTI Can you guide me for the same as well..

I checked the govt RTI website but wasnt able to find the information related to in whose favour the DD is to be drawn.CAn you pl help where I can find this info?

I am currenlty in Napur however I had filed my tax returns in Pune concerning the refund claim in question. Do i need to apply to Pune PIO of IT dept?

Pl help
    Thanks
    Minoti

› Find content similar to: RTI for Income Tax Refund

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Minoti,

Your assessing officer of your ward/circle where you filed the IT return (for which the refund is due) is himself a PIO. You can address your RTI application directly to him.

The payment by DD/BC/IPO can be made in favour of "Accounts Officer".

Name:
    ambrish
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Minoti
    For further assistance you can see blog/s of JPS 50 Sir:http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/blogs/...tml#comment255.
    Sample RTI application also available.
    regards

Name:
    johnsimmons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi everybody...I am John from mexico....Nice post about the Income Tax Refund....Recently I read an article in TOI that a NRI used <acronym title="Right to Information">RTI</acronym> to get back refund from Income Tax Department.....I want more information about this....Thanks for posting....
    ==========================================================
    simmons

(live link deleted)

Name:
    Ilesh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

I am also awaiting my IT tax refund for FY 2006-07/ AY 2007-08. I am worried as I am relocating out of my current location. Can I follow up with Income tax authorities in new city? Pl advice.

Name:
    Suresh Kumar Ramasamy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chapter II Section 6 Subsection 3 says -
    QUOTE BEGINS
    Where an application is made to a public authority requesting for an information,
    (i) which is held by another public authority; or
    (ii) the subject matter of which is more closely connected with the functions of another public authority,
    the public authority, to which such application is made, shall transfer the application or such part of it as may be appropriate to that other public authority and inform the applicant immediately about such transfer:
    Provided that the transfer of an application pursuant to this sub-section shall be made as soon as practicable but in no case later than five days from the date of receipt of the application.
    QUOTE ENDS

I am not an expert, but I feel it is better to file your RTI to the assessment officer with whom you filed your returns.

I also feel it is better to first send a normal complaint (Regd. Post A/D) requesting the status of your refunds. Then after one month use RTI on top of this complaint.

All the Best.

Name:
    Prashanth HV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I managed to get IT Refund of 2007 last month. after posting lots n lots.online status always showed -pls contact officier
    i then visited Tax officier HMT Bhavan 3rd floor , Mr Khan . he has done immediatly ECS throu his system in front of me online. i got within 1 week with some interest also paid.

Banglaore it refund i suggest visit this Khan 3rd floor Hmt bhavan & get done fastly.
    Dont forget to carry acknolwdgment + form16 copies.

Name:
    Kaustubh
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can contact thepublic relations officer of the IT department where you filed the income tax return.
    Also You have mentioned that you are paying extra tax eah year??? I wonder why??? Do consult a Chartered Accountant or a tax consultant before filling retunrs / paying advance tax??

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast