Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: commerical secrets
Views: 1438 | 09-03-07, 04:31 PM #1Early Adoptors
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 0 Post(s)
Id like to ask some questions about your experience/knowledge re Commercial Secrets
If possible, pleasse reply to me offline as well davgoldberg[at]gmail.com>
1) Where information might include "commercial secrets" does your
access to information law allow the government to consult with the
affected party? If so, is this consultation obligatory?
2) What happens if the third party refuses to authorize access to
info it supplied to the government?
3) Does the third party have an absolute veto, or is it subject to
the harm and public interest tests?
4) Is there any jurisprudence (or commissioner's decision) which show
how to balance the competing rights/interests?
5) Does the ATI law, the jurisprudence, or any other law define
"commercial secrets" and equivalent concepts? If so, please provide
examples. If not, what is happening with the interpretation of the
provision in the ATI law?
› Find content similar to: commerical secrets
Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 09-03-07 at 04:47 PM. Reason: live email link deleted to prevent spamming.
09-03-07, 05:50 PM #2
Welcome to RTI India. Hope our interaction will give us broader perspective of ATI law across the globe.
Before taking any decision under sub-section (1), the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall take into consideration the representation made by a third party under section 11.