Poll: Isn't it desirable for publicly listed companies to comply with RTI?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: RTI in publicly listed companies

it is very much desirable as it is public's money with which they are playing. and public money must bring public accountability. the public companies must divulge the information to the public. since the public is the owner of the company (through equity share holding), it is like giving information to your owners. ,oreover in ademocracy the citizen is supreme and soverign.

› Find content similar to: RTI in publicly listed companies

Name:
    smita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hay thank you so much

Name:
    Romesh chander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Applicability of RTI to Pvt Ltd COs.

Does this RTI act applies to Pvt limited companies as well to seek info from them ? If so what are the pre requisites?

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Please go through the earlier discussions here in this thread.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Name:
    kalpana
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

public ltd company

halo can some one tell me if i can send an RTI to a public ltd company

Name:
    J.P. SHAH
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Re: public ltd company

Pl avoid multipule postings on same issue.
    It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Name:
    Dr. Known
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by murgie View Post
    Dear "known:"

What your point is beats me completely. This website as far as I can tell is not a vehicle for political mobilization of any kind. It's a very useful information source on RTI, and that's it. Just so you know: a lot of officials of public authorities (including possibly SEBI) also use this site.

Sitting at a terminal and piously indicating (to the already converted) what SEBI "should" do is not useful. Try and send SEBI an RTI request and you will learn a lot from that. Cheers. -Murgie
    Dear Mr Murgie

Sitting at a terminal and piously indicating (to the already converted) what SEBI "should" do is not useful. Try and send SEBI an RTI request and you will learn a lot from that. Cheers. -Known
    Vote for your Caste.
    1. He'll understand you.
    2. He'll improve your social/financial conditions.
    Everything else is crap/trap/scam in India.

Name:
    Dillip kumar mohapatra
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colnrkurup View Post
    I am one of those exceptions who maintain a separate view on the subject. As per Section 2(j) "right to information" means the right to information accessible under this Act which is held by or under the control of any public authority and includes the right to........

According to my interpretation, there is nothing in India which is not under the control of "Constitution of India" vis-a-vis any public authority. For Eg. take an ordinary Private Shop. He need licence to run the shop, has to do his business under various provisions of various Acts including Consumer Protection Act. If that shop is not abiding by those acts under the control of the respective public authority, that particulr authority can arrange to shut down that shop.

In this way every Companies whether publicly listed or not is defenitely under the control of any public authority and can be made to fall under the ambit of the RTI Act. But who will bell the Cat ?
    Good logic. I also agree with this point.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast