Topic Identifier

Poll: Isn't it desirable for publicly listed companies to comply with RTI?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RTI in publicly listed companies

RTI for private firm possible?

Hi there,
    I want to get the following information
    1. Is it possible to ask question under RTI for a private firm? For example I wana ask a private engineering college about an employee about the duration he served there, the post he held and the payment(salary) he received. Is this possible?
    2. Can I ask syndicate bank regarding the account details of a person (I wanna know how much actual salary is debited to his account)

Hope some one will answer me.

Thanks

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI for private firm possible?

RTI is not applicable to private firms directly. Some of their information which is available with different public authorities can be asked for

Information about staff member of private engg college may be available with relevant university, submitted to AICTE for fee determination etc. These authorities can give you this information.

Syndicate or any other bank will not give you information about debits/ credits in someone else's account whether RTI is applicable to them or not.

Re: RTI in publicly listed companies

thanks I really appreciate your answer
    have a nice day

(1). Unfortunately the RTI excluded the private companies/organisations.

(2). In fact the private sector also to be covered under RTI by bringing in suitable ammendments to the act.

public money has different meaning

When in govt---- people are supposed to pay taxes and these funds are utilized by govt towards goodwill of entire country ( and in some cases to profit the exchequer )

public money ( share trading ) --- is not compulsory -- here people go to make there own profits / loss so public money in public companies can't be termed as public

6. RTI for Private companies

Dear Friends,

Can one access informaton from MNC's that have their registered/ global offices in India?

Name:
    Dr. S.Malhotra
    Blog Entries

Re: RTI for Private companies

The limited Information which they are bound to supply to Registrar of Companies ,can be retrieved thru PIO , o/o Registrar of Companies .

8. Re: RTI for Private companies

It takes each of us to make difference for all of us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android