Poll: Isn't it desirable for publicly listed companies to comply with RTI?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

regarding rti information from private banks/nbfcs

dear sir,

i just wanted to ask that i want to seek information from axis bank, gurgaon and for that i have sent an appliation under rti, act,2005 and they have returned our application along with fee saying private bank dont come under this act . now i only want to ask that i should go by the section 2[f] of RTI Act 2005 to write to rbi to seek the said information from the concerned bank axis bank gurgaon. now the point is whether i should write the cpio of local rbi or the rbi of the gurgaon. please help me in this regard on my email id : [email]not permitted @ rti india.org or reply to this thread.

› Find content similar to: RTI in publicly listed companies

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: RTI in publicly listed companies

I am not sure if gurgaon will be having an office of RBI. You can take up the matter with your local office or with RBI Delhi. You can also add in your application a specific request to transfer the application, under Section 6 (3) of the Act, if necessary.
    Defeat is not final when you fall down. It is final when you refuse to get up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rti in private sector

shall i get information(like qualifications and salary details of employees) regarding the empleyees of private company like infosys.

If so whome I have to write, because they donot maintain information officer it seems.

Help.

Thanks in advance.

Name:
    Raveena
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Re: rti in private sector

Private entities are not covered under RTI Act, unless it is substantially financed by Appropriate Government. Infosys is not under the ambit of RTI.
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

Name:
    Atul Patankar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ttiru View Post
    shall i get information(like qualifications and salary details of employees) regarding the empleyees of private company like infosys.
    Most big companies have to include this information in their annual report. It includes name, designation, qualification, salary and benefits, previous employment details, etc. You can see tha annual report on their websites. Or request their secretarial department at HQ, and you should be getting it just by paying postal charges.

But of course, as pointed out above, RTI is not applicable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEENA_O View Post
    Private entities are not covered under RTI Act, unless it is substantially financed by Appropriate Government. Infosys is not under the ambit of RTI.
    can i get such information(only salary or yearly income of employee) through income tax department
    or
    labour department
    or
    from ministry of corporate affairs.

Name:
    Surendera M. Bhanot
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Re: RTI in publicly listed companies

You may refer to the MCA21 website to know what returns are to be filed by the companies with the RoC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Do Private Organisations come under RTI Act?

Hi All,

Kindly tell me if Private organisations come under RTI Act, I mean if we need to fetch some details of ourselves to which our employer is not responding, from our current or previous company then Is it possible through RTI, If not Pls tell me how can i get it ?

Thanks in advance,
    Handeep

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast