Thread: Foreign degree from any college is it acceptable to the UPSC Civil Service exam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Foreign degree from any college is it acceptable to the UPSC Civil Service exam

I WANT TO KNOW WHETHER A FOREIGN DEGREE FROM ANY COLLEGE IS ACCEPTABLE TO THE UPSC CIVIL EXAM CRITERIA AND ALSO I WANT TO GET A LIST OF FOREIGN COLLEGES RECOGNIZED BY THE COMMISSION HOW CAN I GET THAT?

› Find content similar to: Foreign degree from any college is it acceptable to the UPSC Civil Service exam

Name:
    Ganpat
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Dear Bharadwaj,
    Did you make a thorough search of the UPSC web site to find out if the details required by you are available there?

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Apart from checking in at UPSC, You may like to ask this at IndianOfficer.com as that is the appropriate place to get help regarding USPC exam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

The qualifying criteria for UPSC is graduate degree from a recognized University. I understand that its UGC which gives the list of recognized university

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

reply to thread

29 . Subject : IAS->educational qualification.
    Question : sir,i am an Indian and i want to know if ANY foreign degrees like that from Harvard,MIT,etc or community colleges in US are acceptable for appearing in the examination.
    -rishi, (3/8/2007)
    Yes. You are eligible to write Civil Services, provided the foreign degree is approved degree by the country's APEX body like UGC in India.

as you can see i have asked this question in the website called"threeauthors.com" and that is what the answer i got.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

It seems you got the write answer.
    Which all university are recognized by UGC that has to be found out.
    You may try UGC site to see whether your University name figure there or not?

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

As this thread is un-related to RTI, I am transferring this to chit-chat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks Kushal

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook youtube Tumblr RTI Microblog RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android