Thread: joining date of an officer

1. joining date of an officer

Under the RTI, can an individual ask for the date on which an officer joins that particular office...knowing that the individual may be wanting to use this information for some personal interest and create some problem for the officer just before he is due for retirement?

2. Wouldn't that be informed to the person when to join office?

3. Yes, I too was wondering Aashna, why would this information be hidden, as the official can always know that from his service book?

4. probably the way my query was framed could not be understood properly. what i meant to ask was that an assessee wanted to know when a particular officer joined the office. the assessee has some personal score to be settled against the officer, who is to retire shortly. As i understand, the date on which an officer joins is an "information" as per the RTI Act, and has to be disclosed. And since the public authority can not ask as to why this information is needed, it cannot prevent the assessee for using the information for personal interest.

5. The date of joining of an officer is an information under RTI as correctly concluded by you. The purpose of information is not required to be asked under RTI as it stands today. Thereby, the date of joining of officer in office can be provided by CPIO

6. Re: joining date of an officer

Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    The date of joining of an officer is an information under RTI as correctly concluded by you. The purpose of information is not required to be asked under RTI as it stands today. Thereby, the date of joining of officer in office can be provided by CPIO
    Full details on the all Government officers, including their name, designation, date of joining, current salary drawn, date of retirement etc. have to be put up on public domain like Notice Boards, Library, Website etc. in conformity of Section 4 of the RTI Act.

Manoj