Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Personal File of Govt. Servants

Quote Originally Posted by revribhav View Post
    My RTI query regarding qualification of public servants one of whom is so called disciplinary
    authority and another is my boss,the witness against me in so called disciplinary enquiry
    has been rejected on the ground of seeking personal information by both CPIO and AA.
    Qualifications of public servants come under the Section 4 of the RTI Act. These information should be disclosed pro-actively. This information is neither personal or exempted. You have several options available

i) File a fresh RTI application u/s 4, seeking the qualifications of all the staff members. No application fee shall apply for Section 4.
    ii) Inspect the staff incumbency registers, service books of all staff members.
    iii) Complain / Appeal with the CIC/SIC regarding the above application which has been turned down.

Best wishes

Manoj

› Find content similar to: Personal File of Govt. Servants

Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks,I will try,relevant to mention here that previously when I sought qualification of all staff members,they demanded hundreds of rupees.

Name:
    Aijaz Akhtar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks,I will try,relevant to mention here that previously when I sought qualification of all staff members,they demanded hundreds of rupees.
    If it is RTI information, the PIO can demand only the amount for the photocopying of the documents @ Rs 2 per page, if the information is spread in a large number of pages, then only a huge amount can be demanded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The information clearly comes under section 4(1)(b) of RTI Act. Simply ask for the staff incumbancy, which would contain all details like name, designation, scale of pay, date of joining, educational qualifications etc. This could be in a digital or print format. Some PA might be keeping them in a register / ledger form. Inspect them and seek photo copies of only those you want to. You dont have to pay hundreds of rupees for this.

Manoj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12