Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Personal File of Govt. Servants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal File of Govt. Servants

Dear Sirs / Mams
    Please accept my heatfelt greetings . My query is pretty simple It is wheather we can ask for xerox of personal files of Govt. Servants . My purpose of asking this question is in context with Promotion related discrimation by management. If i can ask for then under which section / subsection of RTI act .
    Thanks a lot.
    Nick Chauhan

Name:
    Shrawan
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hello Nick!
    Can you explain what do you include in 'Personal File'; is it 'Service book', or 'Confidential Report', or others?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Neeraj,
    I believe Information contained in the personal file can be denied on the ground that that information is personal in nature and it is with govt in fiduciary relationship with the employer i.e. Govt.
    More over a government servant is accoutnable for the action taken by his for the authority vested in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Promotion in a government sector is done purely on the basis of seniority. One can be denied from promotion on the ground of adverse remarks in confidential report.
    But, the rule says that if there is adverse remarks in confidentail report the same has to be conveyed to the employee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Personal File of Govt. Servants

Quote Originally Posted by neeraj Chauhan View Post
    Dear Sirs / Mams
    Please accept my heatfelt greetings . My query is pretty simple It is wheather we can ask for xerox of personal files of Govt. Servants . My purpose of asking this question is in context with Promotion related discrimation by management. If i can ask for then under which section / subsection of RTI act .
    Thanks a lot.
    Nick Chauhan
    If you are a Govt. Servant, you can ask for copies of your file. If its your service book, they have to give you a duplicate free.

Yes, you can file a seperate application seeking details on promotion related matter, DPCs, results of Deptt. Examinations etc. as all these are public documents.

Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Neeraj,

The following thread will be helpful to you:

http://www.rtiindia.org/forum/rti-ne...crs-apars.html

Name:
    shrigopal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My RTI query regarding qualification of public servants one of whom is so called disciplinary
    authority and another is my boss,the witness against me in so called disciplinary enquiry
    has been rejected on the ground of seeking personal information by both CPIO and AA.

Name:
    Col NR Kurup (Retd)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Incidentally, all promotions in Central Government are not purely on seniority. There are innumerable Posts, the selection to which is done by Special Selection Boards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android