Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thnx a lot hema, kushal, maneesh!!!
    i m thrilled to get an answer in so less hours on d 1st day of joinin dis forum.

@ kushal > ya, i m indeed looking our for info from a PIO about the exact procedure and rules under which birds can be kept by sellers and do they have to have a license with them while doing so.

thnx !

› Find content similar to: Animal Rights officer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Animal Rights officer?

Quote Originally Posted by zubin View Post
    I urgently want to know that to whom do i have to go for filing an RTI for animal rights?
    saw a bird being mishandles at a shopso i want to ask the person in-charge of this about the procedure of selling birds at shops and handling them properly while selling.
    B'coz this man sold the small birds by packing them in envelopes...

this is serious

please help me !

Zubin
    Mumbai
    You can file an application seeking information on rules and guidelines on keeping birds in captivity etc. procedure in selling captive birds, licencing authority etc. either from the PIO of the PMO, North Block New Delhi.

And also from the PIO, Animal Welfare Board, 21, Periyar Naiyakaran Street, Chennai - 600079

Further in case you have any complaints, you can also send them directly to the Director of Animal Welfare Board.

best wishes

Manoj

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Hema, Zubin, Kushal, Maneesh,

You all will be interested in reading this about PAWS (one of the organisations Hema mentioned) and yes, RTI can be used as PAWS has done.

Planet Powai Online Community News Paper Hiranandani Niranjan Hospital Flat Property Rodas Hotel IIT Indian Institute of Technology Yellow Pages on Powai Photo Gallary Powai Portal Events and Happenings Powai Market Hiranandani Construction

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello All

I have been trying to find out which PIO to write to about caged parakeets in Mumbai. Environment ministry in Delhi and Mumbai say they're not responsible.The forest and revenue deptt Maharashtra say they have no clue. So would anybody know anything about this or about RTIs in the past about caged parrots?
    Also, would anyone know which PIO the Animal and Birds Welfare Trust people wrote to, about the Victoria horsecarts?
    Thanks

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by essarpriya View Post
    Hello All

I have been trying to find out which PIO to write to about caged parakeets in Mumbai. Environment ministry in Delhi and Mumbai say they're not responsible.The forest and revenue deptt Maharashtra say they have no clue. So would anybody know anything about this or about RTIs in the past about caged parrots?
    Also, would anyone know which PIO the Animal and Birds Welfare Trust people wrote to, about the Victoria horsecarts?
    Thanks
    Why don't you contact some of the organisations listed in post # 6 above. They might be able to guide you as to which is the correct department. Then you can find out the PIO by visiting the website of that department.
    Twitter: @cjkarira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Karira

I wrote on this forum only becos I've asked everyone else.Including the NGOs listed.I also complained in written to the SPCA.

Regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12