Thread: Quick Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quick Question

Hello all, I am trying to find out if I can get a letter from the registrar of Marriages whether a marriage was registered or not.

Please help!

› Find content similar to: Quick Question

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Re: Quick Question

It's been long since your query was replied to, have you been able to get the information? To apparent conclusion, it appears to be 3rd party information, if it is conducted without the legal disclosure, which may be exempt under RTI Act.

But if you let us know in detail, we might be able to assist you further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Mr. Kushal,

Thank you for your follow-up, I appreciate it. No I have not been able to find any information regarding my enquiry. Just as a matter of suggestion, it would be a good idea to put links to various government agencies (including the registrar of marriages). A link which is really manned by someone.

Thanks,

Viresh

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Would you care to put this suggestion in the Feedback and suggestion forum, as I think that is a really good suggestion. I am sure you mean to put the links to Government organizations especially like the Passport offices, MCD's, Registrar of Marriages, e.t.c.!

WHy not lets get everyones view on this as soon as possible by putting it in general dis. forum

Name:
    Dr. Pathak
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I have already coded for the link directory.

Check up here:
    http://www.rtiindia.org/links

Whether there was a marriage or not, is public information. It may be third party information in the sense you are inquiring whether two persons (assuming you are not one of them) but it is not confidential information. The purpose of the Registrar of Marriage is to make the records public. If you request the information giving the names of the parties, and the possible date, the Registrar should provide it. If not file a RTI petition.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satish Gupta View Post
    Whether there was a marriage or not, is public information. It may be third party information in the sense you are inquiring whether two persons (assuming you are not one of them) but it is not confidential information. The purpose of the Registrar of Marriage is to make the records public. If you request the information giving the names of the parties, and the possible date, the Registrar should provide it. If not file a RTI petition.
    In addition to whhat Satish said above, please see:

Frequently Asked Questions on Marriages

In some cases (Special Marriage Act), the details of the Bride and Bridegroom have to be displayed on the public notice board.

Obviously this is public information and you can get the information you want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast