Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can a Public Limited Company seek informations under the provisons of RTI Act ?

1. Can a Public Limited Company seek informations under the provisons of RTI Act ?

Hi,
    Can a Public Limited Company , registered under the provisons of The Companies Act ,1956(of India) , seek informations under the provisons of RTI Act ?? What are the related judgments/orders in this aspect.

Please mail me on [********Moderated**********]

Last edited by Shrawan; 23-03-07 at 02:27 PM. Reason: live email link deleted.

2. Hello,
    This thread might be of interest to you:
    https://www.rtiindia.org/forum/ask-rt...d-company.html

regards,

3. Yes, a public limited company can also ask information under RTI as applicant.

4. Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    Yes, a public limited company can also ask information under RTI as applicant.
    Can you provide me the legal case study or the order of CIC or the provision of RTI???

5. Quote Originally Posted by maneesh View Post
    Yes, a public limited company can also ask information under RTI as applicant.

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Well, as per my reading, the RTI Act only mentions "Citizen" and "Person" as a applicant. If one reads the act in broad terms, any "entity" like a association, Public Limited Company, Pvt Ltd. Company, organisation can ask for information.
    Why don't you give a application on your letter head and see what happens. Should be a good case study.
    Alternatively, do like my company does, we have given applications in our MD's personal name...but the contact address , tel numbers, etc. are all of the office.
    Last edited by karira; 31-03-07 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Correction of spelling

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Can a Public Limited Company seek informations under the provisons of RTI Act ?

There is a small article in today Economic Times referring to the following decision of the CIC:
    https://cic.gov.in/CIC-Orders/Decision_17052007_04.pdf
    The article says that Companies can also file applications under RTI Act.
    Can someone please clarify..

8. Re: Can a Public Limited Company seek informations under the provisons of RTI Act ?

Thank you karira for providing this important citation. This decision will open the doors to allow the corporate sector to reap the benefits under RTI. When that happens, simultaneously we should think of bringing the corporate sector also under the purview of RTI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android