Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I ask for proceedings of a selection Committee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I ask for proceedings of a selection Committee

I am a Physically Handicapped person and working as Sr Lib asstt. in IIM, Lucknow. In 2003 a post of Asstt. Librarian was advertised under the special recruitment drive for persons with disabilities. I was an applicant for the same. Selection committee met on 4.2.2004. But till date no appointment is made. I have asked several times about the outcome of committee from authorities but I never received any satisfactory reply. I was given to understand and I also firmly believe that I have been selected on the aforesaid post by the selection committee. Inspite of this fact, no appointment letter was issued to me till date. And I have been expecting the offer of appointment on the aforesaid post . When I did not receive any response, I was compelled to give my representation dated 12.05.2005 which was forwarded on 24.05.2005. It was disposed of by the Sr. Administrative Officer (Estt.) on 25.05.2005 on technical grounds i.e. questioning the period of validity of the selection and hence my representation of 12.05.2005 was not considered/decided on merits. In view of above I may know that How RTI can help me ? Can I ask for the proceedings/recommendations of the selection committee. Please help me.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Instead of asking informaton directly, You can ask information in other way round i.e
    1) Total Number selection held during the year.
    2) Out of that total pending selection.
    3) As per rule manual of the institution what should be period within which the selection has to be fianlized.
    4) Reasons for not fianlizing all pending selection.
    5) Name of the officers who are responsible for not finalizing all pending selection....

Since you are the employee of the instituion I would suggest you that, let your friend ask information for you. If you file the application in your name, your offficer will pressurize you to withdraw the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Can I ask for proceedings of a selection Committee

one should not be afriad of fighting for right, u must file ur application under ur name and stamp

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Ravindra,
    This is your right !
    Please use your name.....why be afraid of fighting for your rights.
    If you need any help in drafting application, please let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravindra View Post
    I am a Physically Handicapped person and working as Sr Lib asstt. in IIM, Lucknow. In 2003 a post of Asstt. Librarian was advertised under the special recruitment drive for persons with disabilities. I was an applicant for the same. In view of above I may know that How RTI can help me ? Can I ask for the proceedings/recommendations of the selection committee. Please help me.
    Thanks.
    First, since you belong to the Persons With Disability, file a complain with the Chief Commissioner of Disabilities in New Delhi. Redressal through this mode is faster. Further the Commissioner is equally powerful enough to ask for documents from the IIM and provide them to you. He has enough power as a High Court Judge to take action against the defaulters.

Yes, you can file an RTI Application seeking info on the proceedings and recommendations of the selection committee. In fact this comes under Section 4 of the RTI Act and they should put up all this information on the IIM Website. If they havent done this, you can file a direct complain to Rita Sinha, Secretary, CIC, 5th Floor, Old JNU Compound, New Delhi clearly stating that IIM Lucknow has not implemented Section 4 by not putting up such information on the IIM Website.

Do accept Karira's offer in helping you draft the RTI Application for seeking information under Section 6 of the Act.

Best wishes

Manoj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by karira View Post
    Ravindra,
    This is your right !
    Please use your name.....why be afraid of fighting for your rights.
    If you need any help in drafting application, please let me know.
    Dear Sir, I shall be very greatful if you please help me out in drafting the effective application. Kindly let me know, if you need any further information for the purpose.

Thanks

Ravindra Kumar

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Ravindra,
    Will get back to you tomorrow. Slightly rushed today.
    Karira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for prompt reply. I will be waiting for your help.

Regards,
    Ravindra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android