Topic Identifier

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non Receipt of Passport

1. Thank You for sharing this decision. However, as a permanent record, I am attaching the decision here.

2. Non Receipt of Passport

Karira,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding.

I shall follow your advice and keep you posted on the progress of the case.

Thanks once again,

Vasudev

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

You are welcome Vasudev.
    Please post your outcome here so that others
    are also encouraged to use the RTI Act.

4. Non Receipt of Passport

Dear Karira,

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

I shall post the outcome as soon as possible so that others too get the confidence to use the RTI Act.

Regards,

Vasudev

5. Re: Non Receipt of Passport

Dear Karira,

As advised by you, I had submitted the application to the PIO at the RPO, Chennai. Yeaterday, after about 4 weeks of submitting the application, I received the passports by mail.

I think that the RTI Application worked and I would like to thank you for the advice and the Application Format.

Thanks once again

Vasudev

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Non Receipt of Passport

Congrats !
    Now that you have personal experience in successfully using RTI Act, please encourage others to use the act too.

7. Re: Non Receipt of Passport

I will and thanks again

8. Re: Non Receipt of Passport

Quote Originally Posted by Vasudev View Post
    Dear Karira,

As advised by you, I had submitted the application to the PIO at the RPO, Chennai. Yeaterday, after about 4 weeks of submitting the application, I received the passports by mail.

Vasudev
    I believe in a few days it would be 30 days since you filed your RTI Application. I hope you have not withdrawn it. Even though you have received the passport, there would be many like you, who still have not received their passports. They also might not be as brave.

Please make sure that you get the information on the RTI Application you had field with the PIO of the RPO, Chennai. After you get the reply see if you can do something with the information received to make it easier for other folks get their Passports faster.

Keep us informed.

Manoj

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook RSS Feed Apple App Store Google Play for Android