Topic Identifier

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non Receipt of Passport

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Re: Non Receipt of Passport

<hr style="color: rgb(237, 237, 237);" size="1"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->New members,

Passport status can be known at:

Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India

For list of PIO's in different passport offices in India and the CPO in New Delhi, please visit:

RTI

For those Indians staying abroad, your local Indian Embassy is also covered under the RTI Act 2005. Please contact them for information regarding Pio and Fees, etc.. US residents, please see:

For Indian citizens in the USA....How to use RTI ?

2. Re: Non Receipt of Passport

I am submitting the application using the template you have given to mr vasudev above. I am submitting it at RPO Hyderabad (given that there is no way to do it by email/post)

Can you please tell me the "name of the person/organization" favoring whom I have to take a draft of 10 rupees to submit the application. Is 10 rupees sufficient or should I take for a larger amount for getting all the details (I hear that I have to pay 2/- per page of information but I am not sure)

Also, does anybody know the timings when the PIO will be available at RPO hyderabad?

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

mgopik,

First check your passport status at:

Indian Passport, Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India

A list of PIO's at various RPO's is available at:

RTI

Just check with them as to whose name you have to send the D/D or Bankers Cheque for the Hyderabad PIO.

Rs. 10/- is sufficient for the first application under RTI. In case the PIO wants to charge you an additional amount for copies, etc..., he will inform you and give a reasoned order also. Then you can pay the additional amount.
    However, if your draft is as above, there will be no need for additional amount.

The PIO at RPO Hyderabad will be available during normal office timings.

4. Re: Non Receipt of Passport

Good Work Karira,
    May be we can have a primer on how to solve your passport problem.
    Karira has outlined a good methodology in reply to mgopik questions.

Gud team work frnds...
    I also have same type of problem. I had applied my passport from ghaziabad in sep06. And as usual still waiting for it. Last year i have shifted in pune. so where should I submit my RTI application? ghaziabad or pune.

Delay in passport issue
    Sub : Delay in passport issue. Passport - Name change not processed even after 45 days of application

Respected Sir,
    I would like to bring this to your kind notice, that I, Mrs. Divanshi Kakkar, W/o Mr. Yash Kakkar had applied for a new passport with my new name after my marriage at the Bareilly Passport office. The application form along with the required documents and fees was deposited at the Bareilly office on 29th December, 2008 and the receipt reference number is 7900519308 with the File number O005193.

My old passport number is B1033944. I have still not received my new passport and the status available on the website shows as "Police Verification waived off and file under process" continuously for the last more than one month, i.e around 50 days now.

Request your help in expiditing the process so I can travel soon and join my husband working and settled abroad.

Regards,
    Divanshi Kakkar
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    Bareilly
    Last edited by karira; 19-02-09 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Deleting telephone numbers

Name:
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries

Divanshi,

Ours is a portal to discuss issues related to RTI Act 2005.
    This is NOT a grievance redressal forum and nor can any member here solve your problem.

hello sir i have not got my passport even after 4 months i had applied thru bangalore one. i have no idea what to do. When i cal them they tel me that there is no problem even the police verification has not been done. Please advice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android