Results 1 to 8 of 27
Thread: Non Receipt of Passport
Views: 15706 | 26-03-07, 03:02 PM #1Not too shy to talk
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- 0 Post(s)
Non Receipt of Passport
I had applied for passports for my wife and son in September 2006 at Coimbatore, but I have not received the passports till now. The 'on line' status check also has not yielded any results.
Kindly advise me as to how the RTI Act could be used to track the status of the applications. The Regional Passport Office is at Chennai.
› Find content similar to: Non Receipt of Passport
01-04-07, 01:05 PM #2
Framing of Question for delay in Passport application
Please give a application under the RTI Act to the PIO located at the RPO, Chennai with a Rs. 10/- application Fee. If they accept cash, well and good. If not, please give them a Bankers Cheque (to be drawn in favour of _____________name will be given by PIO).
In you application ask for the following information:
- On what date has the RPO received applications for passport for and under your receipt numbers.
- The chronological sequence of events and actions taken by the officers and staff of the RPO in processing the above applications along with all the documentary evidences, in the following format (separately for each application):-
- Name and Designation of the concerned staff or officer of the RPO, Chennai
- Date of receipt of the applications by concerned staff or officer of RPO Chennai
- Action taken OR procedure followed by the concerned staff or officer with respect to each application.
- Date of disposal of the matter by the concerned staff member or officer of RPO
- Date on which the application was sent for further procedures to other sections, departments or higher officials of the RPO.
- The exact status of our above mentioned applications at present, where are the applications currently pending, with which staff member or officer are they pending, the reason for which they are currently pending and the date since when they are pending with the said staff member or officer of the RPO.
- The reason or reasons for the applications not being disposed off in spite of over _____ months having passed since we submitted our application for passport
- Is there any benchmark time limit set by the RPO or any other Passport Issuing authority for issuing passports, either in its Citizens Charter or any other internal documents.
- If, yes, a copy of the Citizens Charter or the internal document may kindly be supplied.
- On an average, during the calendar year 2006, what was the average time taken for issuing a passport from RPO, Chennai. Time to be calculated from the time application was received by the RPO, Chennai till the time the passport was either collected by the applicant or dispatched by Speed Post to the applicant.
- Has the RPO or any of his officers or staff taken any corrective measures or made any efforts to reduce delays in issuing of passports.
- If yes, please provide documentary evidence of such steps taken or any efforts made.
Hope this helps. I drafted this for someone who had similar problems with RPO Hyderabad and he got his passport after a week of submitting application under RTI.
Last edited by Shrawan Pathak; 01-04-07 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Correction of Spelling
01-04-07, 02:33 PM #3
Thank you for the very nice framed application. I had featured this thread.
I have reservation to only one point:
The reason or reasons for the applications not being disposed off in spite of over _____ months having passed since we submitted our application for passport
02-04-07, 09:35 AM #4
Last edited by karira; 02-04-07 at 09:37 AM.
02-04-07, 10:55 AM #5
02-04-07, 12:54 PM #6
Good work Karira and Kushal,
Kushal the essence of this thread can be included in sample RTI application for passport delays.
02-04-07, 01:48 PM #7
02-04-07, 08:54 PM #8
Pls have a look at the attachment of the decision
It will give you courage !
Last edited by karira; 23-11-08 at 09:41 AM.