Topic Identifier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 9

Thread: Question regarding voter list

  1. Question regarding voter list

    My parents have been trying to get their names into the electoral rolls but inspite of having tried for three consecutive years, they have failed. I want to use RTI to know what are the essential documents actually needed and why their names were not included. Can I ask this information or this information not even recorded? To whom should this application made? If I want to pay by demand draft, in whose name should I draw it?

  2. Re: Question regarding voter list

    Address your application to
    Under Secretary (Judicial)
    Nirvachan Sadan,Ashoka Road,
    New Delhi.

    The requisite fee alongwith the application/request could be paid by way of cash against proper receipt at Cash Section, 5th floor, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi.

    The fee may also be paid by demand draft or banker's cheque drawn in favour of Under Secretary, Election Commission of India, Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi- 110001.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. Re: Question regarding voter list

    HI Arani,
    Since u want inclusion of ur parent names in voter list . I suggest you contact nearest Election commission office and apply for inclusion with aknowledgement receipt and simultaneously file an RTI application with PIO of same EC office. Coz I guess here asking information would hardly do any help . As we are to use ACT proactively .

  4. #4
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: Question regarding voter list


    I can confidently guide you on this, since it took me 4 years to get my own name (with the correct spelling and correct address) to be included in the electoral list.

    Every State Government and the Election Commisison's representative in that state (Chief Electoral Officer) publishes periodical advertisements for "updating" the electoral rolls. At present, many states are undertaking this exercise to update the rolls as well as issue photo identity voter cards. Some states are even going to the extent of doing a door to door verification of Electoral Rolls.

    If you stay in a city which has a Municipal Corporation, please visit their office and look for the "Electoral Rolls" section. The concerned staff member will guide you and point out the right form to be filled up (different forms for addition, deletion, spelling correction, wrong picture, etc etc etc ). The same can be done via the office of the Chief Electoral Officer.

    Electoral Roll
    Every citizen of India, who attained the age of 18 years or more on 1st January of the year in which electoral roll has been prepared or revised every year, and who has not enrolled their name in the earlier Electoral roll should get themselves enroll their name in the office of Electoral Registration Officer in all the districts. It is the responsibility of every citizen not less than 18 years of age to get their name enroll in the electoral rolls in only one constituency.
    For enrollment, correction of names, Transposition of Name within a constituency and deletion of Name of those who died, no more a resident of the constituency by shifting to other town or transfer to other places, the following form will be required to be fill in and submit the same to the Electoral Registration Officer.
    1. Form 6 – Application for inclusion of Name in electoral roll.
    2. Form 7 – Application for objection to inclusion of name in electoral roll.
    3. Form 8 – Application for objection to particulars entered in electoral roll.
    4. Form 8A – Application for transposition of entry in electoral roll.

    When I checked in AP, the documents they were accepting were Passport, Ration Card, PAN Card, Telephone Bill, etc... I think there is a provision for "verification" also.

    In case your parents stay in a rural area (not having a Municiapl Corporation), they can approach the Electoral Registration Officer of the district.

    Depending on the state you stay in , just google for "electoral rolls xxxx state india" and possibly you will get a link to the correct palce to apply for your district.

    Probably someone else on the forum can add to this information.
    Last edited by karira; 25-07-07 at 10:46 PM.

  5. Re: Question regarding voter list

    Karira, I have done the things you have mentioned. But the names have not been added despite the fact that we have already submitted the form four times. That's why I want to ask the grounds on which the applications have been rejected by the Election Commission.

  6. #6
    C J Karira
    Blog Entries
    Rep Power

    Re: Question regarding voter list


    Yes, you can file a RTI application to the PIO.
    A list of PIO's of the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) can be obtained from the website of your states CEO.
    I just checked CEO websites for Delhi and Rajasthan,,,both have the details of PIO's.
    Please check the website of your state CEO.

    In mycase , I also submitted the form 7 times.
    Recently, I found out that my name appears in 7 different places.
    2 times in the same electoral booth (wrong names), 3 times in a different electoral booth (again wrong name) and 2 times in a different constituency altogether. Please check the voter lists carefully (surname first, first name first, some names changed to initials etc....). Rajinder Kumar Sharma might have become R S Sharma, Sharma Rajinder S, Rajinder K S, and all other permutations and combinations.

  7. Re: Question regarding voter list

    Please read this complete thread -
    Satyameva Jayate सत्यमेव जयते

  8. Re: Question regarding voter list

    Kindly tell where should we deposit my application form 8a for transfer of my name from my original place to the place where i am now staying as tenant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


    RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android