Thread: Kullu first to set up ‘e-soochna kiosk’

1. Kullu first to set up ‘e-soochna kiosk’

Kullu, March 29

Kullu became the first district in establishing e-information touch screen display in northern India, named as ‘e-soochna kiosk’ under the Right To Information (RTI) programme, at the mini secretariat building, Dhalpur, here today.

Deputy commissioner Chamel Singh inaugurated the kiosk, which had a machine that looked like a bank ATM. He said the responsibility of the district officers had increased with the starting of the kiosk and urged them to keep the information updated so that wrong message did not reach the common man.

ADC Abhishek Jain said the display would give all information about development projects, office routine works, plans available for panchayats, motor-vehicle licences and registration and other government related information. Jain said any one could access the kiosk. Jain further claimed that the ATM like machine that would display the information might be first of its kind in the country.

He told that in near future the kiosk would also render information regarding voter lists status, information of passport applications and details of important persons in the district, besides the address and telephone numbers of blood donors on the touch screen.
    Zila Parishad chairman Ses Ram Chaudhary called upon elected representatives of the Panchayati Raj institutions that the funds allocated to their respective panchayats should be utilised. He said today while he saw the details on the touch screen display, he was surprised to know that many panchayats could not use the funds allocated to them as they would lapse at the end of the financial year.

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Himachal Pradesh Edition

2. WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
    I have already started dreaming a NEW Corruption free India...
    Wah !!! Just the thought of it makes me more energetic !!!
    Hope other states too follow Kullu's example soon.

TN Govt too installed a kiosk for land record detials, i think it was in 2004. But dont remember exactly.
    Would write more in my next post.

3. Attaching the information of a kiosk launched in TN, for land management and information. A similar kiosk would do for RTI too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Latha Ramesh; 03-04-07 at 11:12 AM.

4. Thats a great news Latha,
    I am sure other state should try to replicate the TN model.
    It will go a long way in proactive disclosure of information in RTI.

5. An update on it's working would be more important to follow in future.

About RTI INDIA

RTI INDIA: Invoking Your Rights. We provide easy ways to request, analyze & share Government documents by use of Right to Information and by way of community support.

Follow us on

Twitter Facebook Apple App Store Google Play for Android